News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Presidential Ballot 2012

Started by citizen k, October 22, 2012, 10:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

My mailman (mailwoman) left me a nasty note because the bush under my mailbox was getting big. WTF shut up.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 01:44:58 PM
Horribly inefficient and rude staff. If they were a private business they'd have been replace a long time ago.

Eh I have used both them and UPS/Fed Express and I do not really see the difference except USPS is a tad cheaper.

The staff in Texas is really friendly but that is because the staff consists of Texans and not Californians and New Yorkers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 24, 2012, 02:15:04 PM
My mailman (mailwoman) left me a nasty note because the bush under my mailbox was getting big. WTF shut up.

:lol:  Nagged by the femailman.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2012, 02:17:02 PM
Horribly inefficient and rude staff. If they were a private business they'd have been replace a long time ago.

Eh I have used both them and UPS/Fed Express and I do not really see the difference except USPS is a tad cheaper.

The staff in Texas is really friendly but that is because the staff consists of Texans and not Californians and New Yorkers.

You missed Massachusetts. ;)

Anyway my point was really that most post offices I've been to have horribly rude and lazy staff. Not really had that when I've stopped at a Mailbox Etc or the like.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 24, 2012, 02:15:04 PM

If it's one with prickly leaves, she's got a valid gripe.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fate

Quote from: citizen k on October 22, 2012, 11:22:52 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2012, 11:15:23 PM
Damn you guys have very liberal electoral laws.  Only the Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Greens ever get on the ballot in Texas.

Who votes for the Greens outside of the Austin area?
In Lubbock county I voted Green because the Democrats aren't even on the ballot for most positions.

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2012, 01:34:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 01:26:25 PM
The negative - propping up a terrible org like post office.

What is wrong with the post office?

Your logic is faulty. You just described most fast food and Walmart employees, yet they aren't going anywhere.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 02:20:04 PM
Anyway my point was really that most post offices I've been to have horribly rude and lazy staff. Not really had that when I've stopped at a Mailbox Etc or the like.
The postal workers here are really friendly, actually.  Then again, everyone is generally friendly here.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Gary Johnson/James P. Gray, Virgil Goode/James N. Clymer, Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala all show as independents in the sample ballot I just pulled up online. http://www.sos.alabama.gov/downloads/election/2012/general/sampleBallots/shelby-2012-sample.pdf  a bunch of the local positions only have one republican listed :lol:  Good ole paper ballots too.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

I actually like Jill Stein.  I wonder if she's on the Kentucky ballot. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Just did early voting. We had Libertarian, Dems, Republican, & Green on the ballot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son