Started by citizen k, October 22, 2012, 10:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I assume you verbally abused her.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2012, 12:54:18 PM
I assume you verbally abused her.

I told her I was writing myself in, and there was nothing she could do to stop me now.

Zanza

Our presidential ballot this year was a bit boring:

Joachim Gauck
Conservatives, Social Democrats, Liberals, Greens

Beate Klarsfeld
Commies

Olaf Rose
Nazis

The first guy got 80% of the vote, with another 8.5% abstentions.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Well the President of Germany is an office with crazy amounts of power, I can see why the major parties are fighting tooth and nail for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

I only got the Spanish version of my sample ballot btw. It's ok, I can read it. But heh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

What do you get sample ballots for?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on October 24, 2012, 09:30:48 AM

Because there are dozens and dozens of votes on any one ballot and it is nice to have so you can read up on the issues you are going to be voting for.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I just looked at my sample ballot and there is a party called Conservative and a party called Working Families. For each, their candidates are nearly identical to Republican and Democrat respectively. What a waste of space.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2012, 10:06:53 AM

Because there are dozens and dozens of votes on any one ballot and it is nice to have so you can read up on the issues you are going to be voting for.

That's one of the advantages of mail-in ballots. In Washington, we do all elections by mail.

garbon

Quote from: citizen k on October 24, 2012, 01:20:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2012, 10:06:53 AM

That's one of the advantages of mail-in ballots. In Washington, we do all elections by mail.

The negative - propping up a terrible org like post office.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 01:26:25 PM

What is wrong with the post office?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2012, 01:34:00 PM

They lost his 12 CDs for a penny order.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2012, 01:34:00 PM

Horribly inefficient and rude staff. If they were a private business they'd have been replace a long time ago.