News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In and Out Burger

Started by Caliga, October 15, 2012, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I believe I saw one in New York's Penn Station.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

I actually like Egg McMuffins more than Tim's Sausage Breakfast sandwich. 

Surprised to hear that Tim's has even made an impression in the States.

OttoVonBismarck

When Tim Horton's and Wendy's had their merger, a lot of markets here in the States had dual Wendy's/Tim Horton's shops open up together. I think the logic was, Wendy's had no breakfast business and Tim's is super strong there. You still see some of these stores, but a lot of them have disappeared after the companies split up--I think in part because in some markets Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks were just too entrenched.  But in parts of the midwest for sure, where Dunkin never came on strong, Tim's is a pretty common sight.

A lot of the Tim/Wendy's dual stores still exist, but some got converted into Tim Horton's/Coldstone Creamery combo stores.

garbon

Quick look at their site suggests they never made it (or didn't last) out West. Also they list 18 in the New York metro area.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Not surprised they haven't made it to Maryland, it's not exactly a business-friendly state when it comes to establishing franchises.  Hell, we only got our first Sonic less than two years ago.

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 17, 2012, 11:05:38 AM
When Tim Horton's and Wendy's had their merger, a lot of markets here in the States had dual Wendy's/Tim Horton's shops open up together. I think the logic was, Wendy's had no breakfast business and Tim's is super strong there. You still see some of these stores, but a lot of them have disappeared after the companies split up--I think in part because in some markets Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks were just too entrenched.  But in parts of the midwest for sure, where Dunkin never came on strong, Tim's is a pretty common sight.

A lot of the Tim/Wendy's dual stores still exist, but some got converted into Tim Horton's/Coldstone Creamery combo stores.

There are several Tim/Wendy's combos in Canada.  Whenever I go in one the Wendy's side has a slow but steady business, while the Tim's side invariably has a huge line-up, no matter what time of day.

I don't get the Canadian fascination with Tim's - or at least the Western Canadian fascination.  I certainly didn't grow up with Tim's.  I think it came west in the 90s or so.   Heck Robin's Donuts is the chain I remember as a kid.

Besides - Tim's coffee isn't all that great, and they don't even make their donuts fresh anymore.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

BB, it's a Canadian thing. Hell, it even goes thru Two Solitudes divide. It's the same here, any time of the day Tim is full. I live less then a 1km from one, it's crazy. I don't understand it, the food is crap & I don't drink coffee.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

OttoVonBismarck

I always liked the Tim Horton's donuts, but I think I'm weird in that I never liked Krispy Kreme. I always thought they just made them insanely over-sweet, Tim's donuts hit a nicer balance.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2012, 11:31:37 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 17, 2012, 11:05:38 AM

There are several Tim/Wendy's combos in Canada.  Whenever I go in one the Wendy's side has a slow but steady business, while the Tim's side invariably has a huge line-up, no matter what time of day.

I don't get the Canadian fascination with Tim's - or at least the Western Canadian fascination.  I certainly didn't grow up with Tim's.  I think it came west in the 90s or so.   Heck Robin's Donuts is the chain I remember as a kid.

Besides - Tim's coffee isn't all that great, and they don't even make their donuts fresh anymore.

Yeah, growing up on Vancouver Island the only donut place around that I can remember was Robin's Donuts.  Tim's came out in the 90's and Robin's disappeared.  I always preferred a blueberry muffin at MMMMarvelous muffins over donuts anyways.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2012, 11:22:21 AM
Not surprised they haven't made it to Maryland, it's not exactly a business-friendly state when it comes to establishing franchises.  Hell, we only got our first Sonic less than two years ago.

According to the internets, it seems there is a Tim Hortons/Coldstone combo on Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

Other than that, either need to head out to Ohio, or West Virginia.  For VA, it seems there a couple down by Norfolk/Viriginia Beach.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 16, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
Yup, they have "Cajun Pintos" and "Dirty Rice" (very similar to Popeyes Cajun Rice.) There aren't any Bojangles immediately in my area, there are some further north near D.C. and south toward Richmond, and then if you get into the Southwest part of the State and into North Carolina they are a lot more prominent. Popeyes is the bigger chain and more distributed, I've seen them in Ohio etc, never seen Bojangles any further outside the "old Confederacy" than the D.C. area.
We have (or had) Bojangles in Kentucky.... my wife's grandparents used to go to one all the time, but it closed a few years back.  Not sure if there are any more.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

If you were my facebook friend you would in fact be able to see a pic.  But I don't friend people who work in the evil nuclear industry. :(

Caliga

Anyway.... Los Angeles traffic. :bleeding: :bleeding: *stabbing eyes out with a fucking fork*