News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In and Out Burger

Started by Caliga, October 15, 2012, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Also, I had lunch in Newport Beach at a place right on the harbor.  Red snapper... very tasty!

I looked around for Peter North but didn't see him. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Probably good with that restraining order and all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2012, 10:34:56 PM
Also, I had lunch in Newport Beach at a place right on the harbor.  Red snapper... very tasty!

Did they do that California shit, where they serve it with the head looking up at you from the plate, too?  Fucking hate that.  Disconcerting.

Jaron

True. When I lived in CA, they opened up this nice little fish restaurant and I got trout once. They left the head on, and I was very careful about eating it when I got near the head...I had squeezed a lemon on it and got a seed and panicked because I thought it was the eyeball. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Chinese dudes love fish served that way... but no, it was just a filet of red snapper with spinach and a little bowl of pinto/black bean stew.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Semi-related I had wendys for the first time a few weeks ago.
It was good.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

I don't like it. I don't get why everyone thinks it's so great.  :(
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

There is actually a restaurant chain called "In and Out"? That's so wrong on so many levels. :bleeding:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2012, 02:44:25 AM
There is actually a restaurant chain called "In and Out"? That's so wrong on so many levels. :bleeding:

No, there's not. It's In N Out. Maybe some apostrophes there, not real sure.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2012, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2012, 10:34:56 PM

Did they do that California shit, where they serve it with the head looking up at you from the plate, too?  Fucking hate that.  Disconcerting.

How else are you meant to eat the cheeks - the best part of the fish?

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2012, 02:44:25 AM

On what level besides the 4th grade/Timmay level?  Get your mind out of the gutter.

sbr

I apologize to all 4th graders, that wasn't very nice of me.

Eddie Teach

When I was in 4th grade, I wouldn't have understood the innuendo behind "in and out"  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Far from innuendo, it sounds like it gives you terrible instantaneous dysentery.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on October 16, 2012, 08:14:41 AM
Far from innuendo, it sounds like it gives you terrible instantaneous dysentery.

Yeah, it reminds me more of that great lyric "shove it in at the front, shit it outta the back"
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"