POTUS Debate II: The Empire Strikes Back at the Wrath of Electric Mittensaloo

Started by CountDeMoney, October 15, 2012, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2012, 09:43:48 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 18, 2012, 09:35:29 AM
Pages are white with dark print because that's easier to read.

No.  Because the white devils made it so.

"Don't hate me 'cause I've found the truth. And now that my eyes are open, ha, you can't have me, 'cause, see, I was had, I was took. I been hoodwinked, bamboozled. Y'all have run amok!"
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2012, 09:47:31 AM

"Don't hate me 'cause I've found the truth. And now that my eyes are open, ha, you can't have me, 'cause, see, I was had, I was took. I been hoodwinked, bamboozled. Y'all have run amok!"

You did not land on Plymouth Rock.  Plymouth Rock landed on you.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 11:25:33 PM
So you won't highlight the fact that binders of women actually existed?

I'm not sure what you mean. :unsure:

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 11:29:04 PM
As to Meri's claim about Bain...so she spends a lot of time talking about women not pushing for higher paying positions but then suddenly its on Romney when they aren't in those higher paying positions? :huh:

No. I said that women who only train for lowering-paying positions are a large part of the reason for the payment disparity. That doesn't mean that there aren't women fully trained and capable of taking on top positions. See: binders full of women. :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
You're a woman meri, have you ever been in a binder?

That's not an image I'm willing to provide for the denizens of Languish.  :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2012, 09:52:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2012, 09:47:31 AM

You did not land on Plymouth Rock.  Plymouth Rock landed on you.

It's a pretty tiny and unimpressive rock.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 18, 2012, 09:59:31 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. :unsure:

Actual binders existed. :)

Quote from: merithyn on October 18, 2012, 09:59:31 AM
No. I said that women who only train for lowering-paying positions are a large part of the reason for the payment disparity. That doesn't mean that there aren't women fully trained and capable of taking on top positions. See: binders full of women. :contract:

Alright well it still doesn't mean that Romney was remiss in then not presiding over a company with lots of women in upper management. It could also be that said women didn't fight to take those top positions.

lustindarkness

QuoteTeaspoons with longer handles, such as iced tea spoons, are commonly used also for ice cream desserts or floats

I love these, I use them for deserts, ice cream, cereal, and to reach the bottom of the peanut butter jar easier.  :licklips:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

garbon

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/tagg-romney-wanted-swing-obama-article-1.1186354

QuoteSome of the verbal punches thrown by President Obama during Tuesday night's debate made Mitt Romney's son want to throw one of his own.

During an interview with a North Carolina radio station, Tagg Romney was asked how he feels when Obama accuses his father of being "a liar."

"Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him," he responded with a laugh, according to a recording obtained by BuzzFeed.

"But you know you can't do that because, well, first because there's a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because this is the nature of the process. They're gonna try to do everything they can do to try to make my dad into someone he's not."

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2012, 10:28:54 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/tagg-romney-wanted-swing-obama-article-1.1186354

QuoteSome of the verbal punches thrown by President Obama during Tuesday night's debate made Mitt Romney's son want to throw one of his own.

During an interview with a North Carolina radio station, Tagg Romney was asked how he feels when Obama accuses his father of being "a liar."

"Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him," he responded with a laugh, according to a recording obtained by BuzzFeed.

"But you know you can't do that because, well, first because there's a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because this is the nature of the process. They're gonna try to do everything they can do to try to make my dad into someone he's not."

I hope he gets arrested for conspiring to harm the POTUS.