Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote.

Started by viper37, October 15, 2012, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Scipio on October 16, 2012, 07:49:05 AM
It's a good thing that women have no concerns beyond their lady parts.

To be fair, many men don't have interests beyond lady parts either.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on October 16, 2012, 08:24:21 AM
I can't believe that women would vote for anyone but Obama.  He's bought their vote.  They don't even have to think, just atavistically react to the free birth control trigger in their brainstems.  It's a good thing that women have no concerns beyond their lady parts.

I'm still trying to find this free birth control. Everyone keeps talking about it, but the only free birth control I've been able to find is the free condoms at the health department. Everything else has to be paid for. I wonder why it is that I can't find it.  :hmm:

You have to be male, spend too much time on Languish and have a tendency to pick arguments with people over technicalities; appears to work a treat.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

I wonder why I would be disenfranchised by a party that feels that half the population shouldn't get the same healthcare as the other half. Especially when the entire premise is religious fervor from those who believe that women belong barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with their mouths taped shut.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 16, 2012, 09:04:35 AM
I wonder why I would be disenfranchised by a party that feels that half the population shouldn't get the same healthcare as the other half.

Why should everyone get the same healthcare?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 09:12:50 AM

Because we're all Americans, maybe?  Measurement of a great society?  Egalitarianism?

derspiess

I wonder why I would be disenfranchised by a party that feels that half the population shouldn't get the same healthcare as the other half. Especially when the entire premise is religious fervor from those who believe that women belong barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with their mouths taped shut.

What party is this again?  :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2012, 09:15:00 AM

Because we're all Americans, maybe?  Measurement of a great society?  Egalitarianism?

I don't see how our system could afford to send everyone to the top docs / I don't think the top docs are able to take on a limitless amount of patients.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 09:17:07 AM
I don't see how our system could afford to send everyone to the top docs / I don't think the top docs are able to take on a limitless amount of patients.

Healthcare coverage is more than selecting a physician, you know that.  Healthcare is an economic construct.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2012, 09:21:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 09:17:07 AM

Healthcare coverage is more than selecting a physician, you know that.  Healthcare is an economic construct.

Sure but part of getting the same quality of healthcare is access to those top physicians.  My father has that Massachusetts healthcare and though it gets him covered to have a bunch of basic visits - it isn't really the same as the healthcare that I have access to through my insurance company...if only because I can generally get appointments sooner and my physicians don't treat me like a gov't assistance patient.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2012, 09:15:01 AM

That'd be the Tea Party pushing against allowing women access to necessary medications because it goes against their religious edicts.

merithyn

I wonder why I would be disenfranchised by a party that feels that half the population shouldn't get the same healthcare as the other half.

Sorry. I forgot to put the word "basic" in there. Mea culpa.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 16, 2012, 09:26:10 AM

Sorry. I forgot to put the word "basic" in there. Mea culpa.

ER's? :lol:

Besides if you are going to troll with emotional rhetoric, you should at least get it right. ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 09:24:13 AM
Sure but part of getting the same quality of healthcare is access to those top physicians.  My father has that Massachusetts healthcare and though it gets him covered to have a bunch of basic visits - it isn't really the same as the healthcare that I have access to through my insurance company...if only because I can generally get appointments sooner and my physicians don't treat me like a gov't assistance patient.

You and he both have an established baseline of a quality of care level, regardless of provider.  And that's the whole point: that there is a provider involved, where it's the state or your industry-insider provider, which is better than Mittens' new alternative of ambulances and emergency rooms.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 16, 2012, 09:25:22 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2012, 09:15:01 AM

That'd be the Tea Party pushing against allowing women access to necessary medications because it goes against their religious edicts.

That's not really a party, dear.  It sounds like you're confused as to what the Tea Party movement even is.

Like most Languishites, it looked like you pretty much take whatever it is you hate the most about the GOP (whether real or imagined) and use it as the reason you hate the Tea Party.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2012, 09:40:42 AM
Like most Languishites, it looked like you pretty much take whatever it is you hate the most about the GOP (whether real or imagined) and use it as the reason you hate the Tea Party.

One enables the other.