SC Case Over White Student Who Claims Race Cost Her Admission to UT

Started by garbon, October 09, 2012, 11:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Admiral Yi

Kleves

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
So many cases not going 5-4 recently.  :ph34r:
The two other cases decided today went 5-4 (w/ the conservatives in the majority), so I don't think you need to worry that the Court is becoming unduly cooperative.  :P
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2012, 10:03:11 PM
Quote from: dps on October 11, 2012, 05:11:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 04:45:36 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 11, 2012, 04:28:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 02:12:29 PMSure but for how long do current/future non-ethnic students have to get handicapped by that?

This is classic garbo stuff. You made it through with affirmative action in your favour, time to slam that door behind you :lol:

Actually I never thought it was particularly fair when I was doing it either - but why would I turn down a handout? :cool:

Heh.  I can relate to that.  Back when I was in college, full-time college students could still get a Social Security survivor's check through age 21.  I always had felt that wasn't a proper use of Social Security funds, but did I turn down the money?  Heck, no.

Whereas I've never availed myself of direct government assistance. Funny world. :P

(Unless you count IBR, but that's really recent and arguably doesn't count, since I accidentally double-paid my student loan bills this month, the first month my reduced payment kicked in. :grr: )

Technically, it wasn't government assistance;  it was survivor's benefits.  It wasn't need-based.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

Quote from: Siege on June 25, 2013, 01:19:06 PM
I should have gone to college.
Aren't you still eligible on the GI Bill or whatever they call it now?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 25, 2013, 01:25:53 PM
Aren't you still eligible on the GI Bill or whatever they call it now?

Which one?  Ours or the IDFs?  He's on both rosters.