Yes or Maybe
12 (40%)
No
10 (33.3%)
Not married but like to vote
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Ed Anger

I'll bee the creep hanging out at community college picking up 19 year olds. HEY BABY, WANNA SEE MY 401K?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Having lived alone now for three years, I can happily say it really doesn't matter. I could marry again, I could not.  One thing, I am never dating crazy, that shit sucks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2012, 07:47:37 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2012, 06:04:21 AM
Never figured you for an emotional cripple.   :(  My condolences.

While I certainly love company it is not really related to emotions.  Why does this upset you so much?  I ain't going to live with you.

I am still confused what teenage girls have to do with this.  :P

Doesn't upset me at all.  Whatever works for you, Captain Clingy.   :P

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on October 09, 2012, 09:08:15 AM
Having lived alone now for three years, I can happily say it really doesn't matter. I could marry again, I could not.  One thing, I am never dating crazy, that shit sucks.

:console:

Sadly, one doesn't always see crazy right away. Luckily, there are certain sub-groups one can avoid just on principle to minimize the problem. :whistle:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on October 09, 2012, 09:16:33 AM
Sadly, one doesn't always see crazy right away. Luckily, there are certain sub-groups one can avoid just on principle to minimize the problem. :whistle:

True, but I cut out a lot of that problem by not being gay.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2012, 09:14:09 AM
Doesn't upset me at all.  Whatever works for you, Captain Clingy.   :P

At least I am self-aware!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

I wouldn't remarry.

I'm undecided, should the worst happen, whether to become celibate or a perv  :hmm:

mongers

Glanced at the forum index and for some reason thought the thread title said "Your douse spies ...."   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 08, 2012, 07:42:40 PM
Inspired by a conversation with Mrs. MIM. I mentioned offhand that there's no way in hell I would get re-married if she died. She thought I didn't need to be that loyal, but those were not my reasons.

I dont think I would either.  I dont think I would find another one like her and I have a rather inflexible high standard when it comes to such things.

Barrister

I think it would vary depending on when / how it happened.

If my wife were to die in the next several years, I imagine I would seek out some female companionship of some sort, and that does tend to lead to marriage eventually.

In my elderly years though... man it'd be tough to find a space in your life for a new person after having spend decades with someone else.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I'd look for a new partner, yes. Marriage? I don't think so (okay, maybe).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 12:22:06 PM
I'd look for a new partner, yes. Marriage? I don't think so (okay, maybe).

In order to remarry you need to get married a first time. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

Depends on whether I meet the right person again.  I won't be in any hurry to remarry and indeed I may not, but I won't rule it out. 

mongers

Ironically, a sizeable majority of Languishite posting in this thread will be out lived by their wives/femaile partners.  :(

Somewhere on the secret languish partners forum, is a thread entitled "Who am I likely to link up with, once MiM/Mono/sedentary.games.nerd dies"   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on October 09, 2012, 12:07:09 PM
In my elderly years though... man it'd be tough to find a space in your life for a new person after having spend decades with someone else.

You'd be surprised.  My 80-year old grandfather remarried within 1 year of his second wife's death (after 20+ years of marriage), and I think had only been widowed for a couple of years after the first wife's death before remarrying.  Some people (Valmy, apparently) just can't be alone.