News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hedge Funds To Acquire Navy?

Started by Jacob, October 04, 2012, 12:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I thought this might make a nice lead for a Friday comment piece, but given this is the flagship in question, I suspect it's not in active use:

Iormlund

It'll be active, but as the article says, it's a training ship. We also have one of those (Juan Sebastian Elcano). It's where the soon-to-be naval officers learn the ropes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on October 05, 2012, 05:33:59 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 09:37:59 PM
You sick fucks had no problem sinking ships outside of the Exclusion Zone, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, Lord Nelson.

You sick fucks have no problem killing civilians in Neutral Countries, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, John Q. Drone.

There are no innocents in Neutral Countries.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on October 05, 2012, 04:46:07 AM
In retrospect, wouldn't it have been wiser to simply nuke an Argentinian city?  I'm not saying Buenos Aires.  Withholds are an important part of a limited nuclear war.

I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill em all.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Iormlund on October 05, 2012, 06:59:54 AM
It'll be active, but as the article says, it's a training ship. We also have one of those (Juan Sebastian Elcano). It's where the soon-to-be naval officers learn the ropes.

Most naval powers have training ships like that that are listed as active, yeah.

Razgovory

You sick fucks had no problem sinking ships outside of the Exclusion Zone, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, Lord Nelson.

You sick fucks have no problem killing civilians in Neutral Countries, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, John Q. Drone.

What Neutral country?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Yeah, but they were all bad.

CountDeMoney

Scipio

Pakistan is neutral?

I mean, I know the civilian Pakistanis are, but seriously?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

You're either with us or you're against us.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.