News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hedge Funds To Acquire Navy?

Started by Jacob, October 04, 2012, 12:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Gonna be a bitch getting that thing up on the repo flatbed, man.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

What can one say? I actually felt sorry for them back in '82 when we were at war with them.

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 04, 2012, 02:56:53 PM
What can one say? I actually felt sorry for them back in '82 when we were at war with them.

I gotta say that feeling sorry for the fuzzy wuzzies you are at war with is one of the "typical" british attitudes that I admire.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

USAmericans don't feel sorry for the enemy 'til after the fighting is over with.  Then we send them lots of aid.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2012, 03:43:52 PM
USAmericans don't feel sorry for the enemy 'til after the fighting is over with.  Then we send them lots of aid.
The Mouse That Roared :lol:

The Argies were just conscripts, without enough equipment who died in a useless war mainly designed to bolster a fascist regime.  It's hard to feel anything but sorrow and pity for them.  It was a sadly pointless death :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

What Sheilbh said. I was pretty pleased whenever we shot down an Argie plane because those guys were dangerous. I'd have shot Galtieri personally if I'd had a chance. But once we landed some battalions of proper troops on the islands I felt pretty sorry for the teenage conscript lads who had to face them  :(

Just think about it, it's bad enough when your son has died fighting Hitler, but at least one may see the point, the sheer stupidity of having a son die for Galtieri has to rankle.

CountDeMoney

You sick fucks had no problem sinking ships outside of the Exclusion Zone, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, Lord Nelson.

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 04, 2012, 08:38:57 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2012, 03:43:52 PM
The Mouse That Roared :lol:

The Argies were just conscripts, without enough equipment who died in a useless war mainly designed to bolster a fascist regime.  It's hard to feel anything but sorrow and pity for them.  It was a sadly pointless death :(

That isn't entirely true, there was a fair smattering of regular troops/marines/security forces, and some of the equipment provision was quite generous; certainly British forces picked up useful loot from the battlefield, including night vision equipment, better cold weather clothing etc. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

In retrospect, wouldn't it have been wiser to simply nuke an Argentinian city?  I'm not saying Buenos Aires.  Withholds are an important part of a limited nuclear war.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Is the ship armed? If so they should shoot their way out (or at least threaten to).
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 09:37:59 PM
You sick fucks had no problem sinking ships outside of the Exclusion Zone, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, Lord Nelson.

You sick fucks have no problem killing civilians in Neutral Countries, so don't gimme that fuzzy wuzzyness, John Q. Drone.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.