News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facts about MBTI personality types

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 28, 2012, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Fate on September 28, 2012, 09:01:46 PM
I'm also an INTJ personality type. I guess I shouldn't be surprised we're overrepresented in a place like languish.

Wouldn't be the first time there's overrepresentation of anything on Languish.

Josquius

Weird such a small group of the population are INTP, thats the one which most often pops up I find when this stuff is discussed online.

I can't remember what I am...comes up variable each time...INTP or INTJ or something I think.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2012, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: Fate on September 28, 2012, 09:01:46 PM
I'm also an INTJ personality type. I guess I shouldn't be surprised we're overrepresented in a place like languish.

Wouldn't be the first time there's overrepresentation of anything on Languish.

We are the 1-2%!

Yeah, another INTJ. Hmm.

INTJ

•   Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality--no, most important features:  pay and time off.
•   In national sample, lowest in reporting stress associated with "School" and "Caring for aging parents."--well, schoolwork itself was rarely stressful for me.
•   In national sample, lowest in coping with stress by "Watching TV."--I'm probably more likely to listen to music when stressed than watch TV
•   In national sample, ranked highest in saying "No" to belief in a higher spiritual power.--doesn't fit me at all.
•   In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Taking classes, going to school," "Appreciating art," "Playing with computers or video games," and "Working out/exercising"--playing with computers or video games fits;  the others, not so much.
•   Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."--doesn't fit if televised sports count, which I would assume they do.
•   Academic subjects preferred: science.--no, history.
•   Highest GPA among college persisters.--I assume that means people who stay in college even after earning a degree?  If so, N/A.
•   1 of 3 highest types in liking work environment characteristic "Variety of tasks" as well as highly favoring "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement"--that actually sounds about right.
•   Lowest of all types in liking work environments characterized by "Making the job as simple as possible."--again, that fits.
•   In national sample, among types with highest income; dissatisfied with "Future work opportunities," "Promotions," and "Job security" in their jobs.--unfortunately, "among types with highest income" doesn't fit, but the rest does.
•   Highest rank on coping resources used was spiritual/philosophical - ranked 3rd out of the 16 types.--there are resources that help you cope with stuff?
•   Among the 3 male types overrepresented among substance abusers.--fortunately, this doesn't fit.

Grinning_Colossus

Fun fact about MBTI: It's completely unscientific.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Martinus

Me:
INTJ

•   Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality.
•   In national sample, lowest in reporting stress associated with "School" and "Caring for aging parents."
•   In national sample, lowest in coping with stress by "Watching TV."
•   In national sample, ranked highest in saying "No" to belief in a higher spiritual power.
•   In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Taking classes, going to school," "Appreciating art," "Playing with computers or video games," and "Working out/exercising"
•   Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."
•   Academic subjects preferred: science.
•   Highest GPA among college persisters.
•   1 of 3 highest types in liking work environment characteristic "Variety of tasks" as well as highly favoring "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement"
•   Lowest of all types in liking work environments characterized by "Making the job as simple as possible."
•   In national sample, among types with highest income; dissatisfied with "Future work opportunities," "Promotions," and "Job security" in their jobs.
•   Highest rank on coping resources used was spiritual/philosophical - ranked 3rd out of the 16 types.
•   Among the 3 male types overrepresented among substance abusers.

:hmm:

Edit: Just noticed that almost everybody else here is INTJ too.  :homestar:

Martinus

The Brain

Apparently I'm something called GENUIS.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.