News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facts about MBTI personality types

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 28, 2012, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteINFP

•   Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality.
•   Have a general advantage in foreign language learning.
•   Most likely of all the types to report suicidal thoughts in college.
•   In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Reading," and "Listening to music."
•   Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music.
•   Among 3 highest types favoring work environments with "Independence & achievement," and include among top 3 desirable characteristics "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure."
•   In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Amount of stress," and "Opportunities for accomplishment."
•   In national sample, with INTPs, most dissatisfied with the work they do, where they work, and future work opportunities, and likely to leave job.
•   Underrepresented among men with chronic pain.
•   Showed the highest level of depression of the 16 types with chronic pain.
•   Overrepresented among a sample of male therapists.

QuoteYou have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Ah-yup, except for the suicide thoughts bit. Don't have chronic pain, so can't comment. I did this test:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

No wonder I like Syt so much.  It seems we should have been therapists Syt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

INTJ: Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(69%)  iNtuitive  Thinking(88%)  Judging(22%)

the description posted fit about 50% of my personality.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2012, 01:57:41 PM
No wonder I like Syt so much.  It seems we should have been therapists Syt.

:hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

ESFJ or ENFJ - right on the cusp:
QuoteENFJ

•   Rated by psychologists among 2 types least likely to have trouble in school.
•   In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Appreciating art," "Writing," "Listening to music," and "Reading"
•   Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."
•   Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music.
•   Among 3 highest types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks," "Teamwork," and "People from a variety of backgrounds."
•   Include in 3 most desirable characteristics "Independence and achievement."
•   Most important feature of an ideal job: "Use of my special abilities."
•   In national sample, were among those most satisfied with their work, where they work, but likely to leave job.
•   In national sample, greatest work environment satisfiers are "People I work with," "Opportunities to use talents," "Opportunity to learn," "Job security," "Amount of responsibility," and "Opportunity for societal contribution."
•   Greatest dissatisfiers were "Promotions" and "Salary."
•   Highest ranks on coping resources used were social and cognitive (ranked 3rd on both among the 16 types); ranked 3rd in total resources of the 16 types.
•   In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Exercising."
•   In national sample, ranked highest in "Belief in a higher spiritual power."

ESFJ

•   Most frequent type among education majors.
•   Among highest in college retention.
•   In national sample "Leisure Activities," underrepresented in "Writing."
•   Highest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Toe the line expectations."
•   Among 3 highest types favoring "Clear structure," "Loyalty and security," and "Making the job as simple as possible."
•   Most important feature of an ideal job: service to others.
•   In national sample, were among those most satisfied with their work and where they work, and unlikely to leave job.
•   In national sample, greatest work environment satisfiers are "People I work with," "Amount of responsibility," and "Opportunity for societal contribution."
•   Most frequent type among women with coronary heart disease.
•   In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Talking to someone close" and "Relying on religious beliefs."
•   In national sample, ranked 2nd highest in "Belief in a higher spiritual power."
•   In national sample, ranked highest in satisfaction with "Marriage/intimate relationship."
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Mark me down for whatever type things these tests are fucking stupid.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Meh, these tests (the online variants anyway) are subject to trivial manipulation.  While INTJ is probably closest to my personality, depending on the day I also score ENTJ, ISTJ, or ESTJ.

Fate

I'm also an INTJ personality type. I guess I shouldn't be surprised we're overrepresented in a place like languish.

ulmont

Quote from: Fate on September 28, 2012, 09:01:46 PM
I'm also an INTJ personality type. I guess I shouldn't be surprised we're overrepresented in a place like languish.

Based on the number of overly pedantic assholes here, you should assume we're all actually Grumbler.