News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Housework: Men should not do it.

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 28, 2012, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Look, guys, it's pretty simple--if you want to get out of helping with the housework, the way to do it isn't to refuse to do it or argue about it, but rather to appear willing, even eager to help--but inept.  A few broken cups and plates, and you won't be asked to help do the dishes anymore.

:)

PDH

What women don't understand, and they never can understand, is that men are genetically flawed.  The broken second chromosome, making the Y, means that from the beginning men are fundamentally incapable of understanding things the way women do.  Sure, some nancy boys can mince about and pretend to see the dirt the way women do, sure they can learn to mimic the cleaning of the fairer sex, but they never truly understand the meaning behind it.

Women, cannot grasp that men fundamentally can't get this - any attempt by men to pretend they do get it is just overcompensation.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on September 29, 2012, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 29, 2012, 07:24:47 AM
It can happen, regardless of you buying it or not. I just filter that stuff out unless something smells or really stands out.

When I got my own place I solved the issue by paying someone to clean it.

Just because you're a slob, doesn't mean that all of the male world are.
the fact that it's a pretty big stereotpye has to lend some credence to it. yes, not every guy is, but on average i think guys just have a lower level of what they consider unacceptably messy.

it's harder to do a good job when you don't really notice that it isn't up to snuff, so you just hire someone else to clean it for you :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Iormlund

Quote from: PDH on September 29, 2012, 01:09:01 PM
Women, cannot grasp that men fundamentally can't get this - any attempt by men to pretend they do get it is just overcompensation.

A few years ago an old buddy of mine got divorced. We went to the beach on vacation for a few days and all he did during the day was clean the place up. On vacation. I kid you not. He even damaged the pattern in the tablecloth, he was scrubbing that hard. I had to remind the guy he was not married anymore.

That bitch crushed the poor bastard. :(

Phillip V

Quote from: Iormlund on September 29, 2012, 03:05:22 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 29, 2012, 01:09:01 PM

A few years ago an old buddy of mine got divorced. We went to the beach on vacation for a few days and all he did during the day was clean the place up. On vacation. I kid you not. He even damaged the pattern in the tablecloth, he was scrubbing that hard. I had to remind the guy he was not married anymore.

That bitch crushed the poor bastard. :(
It's always weird/sad to see the behavior baggage people carry from their previous partners.

People like to say that having a string of failed relationships is natural and necessary, but most of the time, the bad expectations and habits are carried on to ruin the next relationship. :(

Vricklund

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2012, 03:29:04 PM
I don't know how much it cost with or without a wedding, I figured 5k was enough to rent a space & have dinner with ~50 person. I really don't know. My GF & I agree that we have more urgent thing to spend the money on.
Marriage is for suckers stuck in that medieval mindset of getting married, baptising, chopping off bodyparts - welcome to the Age of Reason!

Quote from: merithyn on September 29, 2012, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 29, 2012, 07:24:47 AM
It can happen, regardless of you buying it or not. I just filter that stuff out unless something smells or really stands out.

When I got my own place I solved the issue by paying someone to clean it.

Just because you're a slob, doesn't mean that all of the male world are.
He's a spaniard that's been living with his mom for too long that's why he never learned to do any house hold chores. :)

sbr

Are there any spaniards younger than 40 that don't live with their mom?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on September 30, 2012, 01:45:09 AM
Are there any spaniards younger than 40 that don't live with their mom?

Orphans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Iormlund

Quote from: Vricklund on September 30, 2012, 01:05:50 AMHe's a spaniard that's been living with his mom for too long that's why he never learned to do any house hold chores. :)

:lol:

Precisely one of the best things about moving out was not having to do any chores anymore. :P

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 28, 2012, 12:00:09 PM
LOL

Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds

Divorce rates are far higher among “modern” couples who share the housework than in those where the woman does the lion’s share of the chores, a Norwegian study has found.

In what feels like a blow to egalitarianism, new research finds that husbands and wives who assign housework along traditional gender lines have more sex than those who split the chores more equitably.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/30/why-husbands-who-share-household-chores-miss-out-on-sex/

merithyn

:rolleyes:

No matter how hard you guys try, you are not going to be able to roll the clock back. It's just not going to happen.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

fhdz

Quote from: HVC on September 28, 2012, 05:11:53 PM
don't go all fahdiz on us

Hey, where'd he go to anyway?

I'm right here :ph34r:
and the horse you rode in on

merithyn

QuoteIt's also worth pointing out that the national survey data was collected between 1992 and 1994, but Brines and her co-authors saythat the relationship between sex and housework has changed little since then. Research reveals only a modest evolution in the division of household labor over the past 18 years — mainly in the realm of childcare, with more dads stepping up.

Pfft. It's a 20-year-old study, anyway. And while the division of household labor may not have changed over the last 18 years, that's not to say that the amount of sex that's happening has also stayed the same.

QuoteStill, for the husbands who might be feeling smug about the results of her study, Brines has a bit of advice. "Don't walk away from this research thinking, I should stay away from cooking or cleaning because I'll benefit from it," she cautions. "There may be costs associated with doing that."

After all, a great sex life isn't everything. Other research has found that neglecting to pitch in with dinner prep may create conflict in your marriage around the division of household labor. Men who shun cooking and cleaning can actually engender marital conflict which could also result in less sex. "There are trade-offs," says Brines. And that's putting it mildly.

I know that I find it hard to want to get freaky in the sheets when I'm so exhausted from having to work all day, and then come home and clean the house. Seems a lot less likely that sex will be happening under those conditions.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

That's what cold-fishing was invented for.  :ph34r: