And we're back!

Main Menu

Housework: Men should not do it.

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 28, 2012, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Viking on September 28, 2012, 03:17:37 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 28, 2012, 02:24:16 PM
I find this very plausible. Being her kitchen bitch risks killing the lust dead as disco.  :hmm:

I also suppose that being incompetent (in her eyes) at housework will only reduce her respect for you.

That and exhaustion from working all day then cleaning/cooking all evening kind of kills any desire, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2012, 03:16:42 PM
That's a cheap wedding. I expect to spend that on my daughter's dress alone when the time comes*.  <_<

Brown Wolf was suggesting that was the cost to get married, not the wedding.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2012, 03:19:52 PM
That's a cheap wedding. I expect to spend that on my daughter's dress alone when the time comes*.  <_<

For many, they are one in the same.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2012, 03:19:52 PM

I don't know how much it cost with or without a wedding, I figured 5k was enough to rent a space & have dinner with ~50 person. I really don't know. My GF & I agree that we have more urgent thing to spend the money on.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 28, 2012, 02:52:40 PM
I'd like PDH to chime in on this one.

I am a firm supporter that men don't do a half-assed job because they want to get out of work.  Male Pattern Incompetence is because they truly don't see the problem, and when they try to do it it ends up being wrong.  Sure, pleated pants wearing types who have sweater vests and visit their mom each Sunday for a brisket are able to clean all right, and maybe someday they will make some girl a nice wife, but for the rest of us it doesn't work that way.

In real life, I could never clean right - even putting the dishes in the dishwasher didn't work.  No wonder I have an ex-wife.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on September 28, 2012, 04:13:17 PM
I am a firm supporter that men don't do a half-assed job because they want to get out of work.  Male Pattern Incompetence is because they truly don't see the problem, and when they try to do it it ends up being wrong.  Sure, pleated pants wearing types who have sweater vests and visit their mom each Sunday for a brisket are able to clean all right, and maybe someday they will make some girl a nice wife, but for the rest of us it doesn't work that way.

In real life, I could never clean right - even putting the dishes in the dishwasher didn't work.  No wonder I have an ex-wife.

:rolleyes:

So only whipped men with no style are capable of putting plates in a dishwasher now, eh? There's a gene or something that's blocked by testasterone, preventing men from being able to see dirt/cobwebs/mud/slime? Sorry, not buying it. Especially because I know plenty of men who do a great job of cleaning given the right incentive.

Valmy

Heh plenty of men clean for the sheer joy because they are neat freaks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2012, 04:22:53 PM
Sorry, not buying it. Especially because I know plenty of men who do a great job of cleaning given the right incentive.

Yep, pussy whipped men.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

This is a case, I think, of somewhat misleading statistics.

I think it is more likely that men and women who share chores are already more independently-minded, and probably just naturally more prone to divorce for unrelated reasons (or no reason at all)...while those couples where the wife is more likely to do all the chores, is probably already more "traditionally-minded", and just as much naturally less likely to divorce.

Valmy

Yeah journalists never get correlation is not causation. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

sbr

Quote from: PDH on September 28, 2012, 04:35:56 PM
I blame bitchy women.

:yes:  The men that are nagged to death to help with the chores get sick of the bitching and upgrade to a newer, quieter model.

Eddie Teach

So you're saying the key to a happy marriage is for her to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich? Interesting.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

The
Quote from: sbr on September 28, 2012, 05:03:28 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 28, 2012, 04:35:56 PM
I blame bitchy women.

:yes:  The men that are nagged to death to help with the chores get sick of the bitching and upgrade to a newer, quieter model.
the first ones just a practice run anyway... An expensive soul crushing practice run :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.