Report: It's Not Okay To Just Start Talking To People You Don’t Know

Started by garbon, September 25, 2012, 03:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2012, 10:24:12 AM
It always depends on the circumstances, but I am not especially surprised that there is a strong correlation between being gay and being unable to function socially.

But gays are known to be extremely social. Kinda hard to really party otherwise.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2012, 10:29:46 AM
It always depends on the circumstances, but I am not especially surprised that there is a strong correlation between being gay and being unable to function socially.
But gays are known to be extremely social. Kinda hard to really party otherwise.
But that's just a mask that is put on in certain situations.  It seems that the true character of the gay is to isolate oneself and to hate everything and everyone.  You and Martinus at least are unable to function.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Neil's a Canuck waaaay up in the flanneled north;  since he's never met a gay person, he gets it all from TV.  Just like his impression of black people.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2012, 12:04:27 PM

Neil's a Canuck waaaay up in the flanneled north;  since he's never met a gay person, .

Seems self-contradictory to me.

mongers

Why am I not surprised by the responses of several of the posters in this thread   ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Did you post that just so you could put extra spaces before the question mark         

?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

In Texas it is just expected you act friendly and talk to random people  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2012, 10:45:12 AM
But that's just a mask that is put on in certain situations.  It seems that the true character of the gay is to isolate oneself and to hate everything and everyone.  You and Martinus at least are unable to function.

I'm unable to function? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I'm happy that I'm not the only one who doesn't like talking to people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: sbr on September 26, 2012, 07:31:23 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 26, 2012, 05:23:51 AM
I've lived in Vancouver, Berkeley and Hong Kong.  I have to say, my chances of being talked to by total strangers is much much higher in Vancouver or Berkeley than in Hong Kong.  In HK, we don't even talk to neighbours that we know have lived on the same apartment floor for 10+ years.  Of particular annoyance is when I take the lifts in North America.  For some reason, people tend to ask me which floor I go to when I step into a lift.  And sometimes when they enter the lift, they said they wanted to go to xth floor.  No, I am not going to press the button for you.

Well you better not be standing anywhere near the buttons then.  I'm not gonna be reaching around, behind or near you to push the button.  It's like the emergeny exit on a plane, you end up there you have certain added responsibilities.

Thanks for proving my point  ;)  In HK, even if you are carrying 10 bags and the lift is totally full, you are supposed to push the button yourself. 

Berkut

The funniest thing about that article is that so many people don't realize that it is mocking them.

The Onion really is a treasure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on September 26, 2012, 08:02:02 PM
The funniest thing about that article is that so many people don't realize that it is mocking them.

It's true.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on September 26, 2012, 08:02:02 PM

The Onion really is a treasure.
I agree that this is usually the case, but I don't see how that applies for this particular article.

Habbaku

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 26, 2012, 02:32:53 PM
Did you post that just so you could put extra spaces before the question mark         

?

I don't know what you're talking about

?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien