News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whom Do You Root For: Russo-Japanese War

Started by Admiral Yi, September 22, 2012, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think whom, while grammatically correct, sounds goofy and off?

Nips
22 (53.7%)
Russkies
14 (34.1%)
I wish they would both Jaron each other.
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Razgovory

Funny thing.  In 1945, it would be rather difficult to simultaneously nuke Moscow, Berlin and Tokyo from "off the continent".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

We nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki from offshore. Though you can amend simultaneously to "in short order" if you'd like.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2012, 05:46:17 PM
We nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki from offshore. Though you can amend simultaneously to "in short order" if you'd like.

Yeah, from an island in the pacific that had to be captured from the Japanese...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

We were already able to bomb Germany from Britain. As for Russia, how hard would it be to land some troops in Scandinavia? Not like the Germans had the manpower to garrison the entire coastline of Europe.

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2012, 05:24:43 PM
Be easier just to stay off the continent for a while and then nuke Berlin, Moscow and Tokyo simultaneously.
A while?  Remember, it wouldn't take that long for the Soviets to get the atomic bomb on account of the fact that the US was riddled with Democrat Soviet agents.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 23, 2012, 06:04:41 PM
We were already able to bomb Germany from Britain. As for Russia, how hard would it be to land some troops in Scandinavia? Not like the Germans had the manpower to garrison the entire coastline of Europe.

Psst.  Britain is part of Europe.  It probably wouldn't much use to try and bomb Moscow from the coast of Norway.  Not to mention the fact, that flying a bomber over hundreds of miles of enemy territory is a tad difficult with out first destroying their air force.  Or the fact that if the US had not entered the war it probably wouldn't have built the bomb or the equipment required to deploy it.

Eddie Teach

I wasn't suggesting not entering the war at all, just hold off on torch and overlord while the Russians and Germans wear each other down.

derspiess

About the only war where I'd support Russia.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Russia and Germany both lost WW1. A repeat in WW2 would have been nice.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 22, 2012, 07:20:27 PM
The Japs.  For one, they didn't already control 1/6th of the world's land surface.  Secondly, and maybe I'm just speaking in terms of what *did* happen rather than what might have happened, but I think Japan was the society that would be much easier to integrate into a peaceful world system than Russia could ever be.

Agreed. Shit went crazy in the 30s but before then they were well and truly on course to being the Japan we know and love today...only with added nobility and other coolness.
Russia on the other hand.....yeah. Russia....
██████
██████
██████