News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Basic etiquette

Started by merithyn, September 21, 2012, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

You know what grinds my gears? When I hold the door open for a woman and she gets all angry at that. WELL FUCK YOU TOO BITCH.

Feminist cunts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 04:31:51 PM
You know what grinds my gears? When I hold the door open for a woman and she gets all angry at that. WELL FUCK YOU TOO BITCH.

Feminist cunts.

If there is another door, do you allow her to hold the door open for you?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on September 21, 2012, 04:32:47 PM

Feminist cunts.

She's unable to, after Ed punches her in the face.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Feminist cunts.

If somebody opens the door for me, I tip my hat and give them a 'Thank you'. I don't launch into a screed about not needing the door held for me.

katmai

Unless it is a wetback holding the door open, then he gets all indignant.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on September 21, 2012, 04:38:45 PM
Unless it is a wetback holding the door open, then he gets all indignant.

I love Mexicans. They do wonderful work fixing my roof and picking my grapes.

Razgovory

I have do have poor social etiquette, I'm afraid.  For instance, I'm not allowed to answer the phone anymore since I kept shouting "who the hell is this", "how did you get this number", instead of "hello".  Then there was the brick thing last month...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I'm not bothered much by breaches of etiquette per se.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2012, 04:46:53 PM

Of course not.  In your line of work, you have to be more concerned about coolant tank breaches.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2012, 04:46:31 PM
I have do have poor social etiquette, I'm afraid.  For instance, I'm not allowed to answer the phone anymore since I kept shouting "who the hell is this", "how did you get this number", instead of "hello". 

Nothing wrong with that.

The Brain

Quote from: dps on September 21, 2012, 04:49:46 PM

Of course not.  In your line of work, you have to be more concerned about coolant tank breaches.

I don't drink the coolant.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: dps on September 21, 2012, 04:49:46 PM

I just figured he was used to animal-like behavior.

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on September 21, 2012, 01:03:15 PM
As most of you know, I was raised in a very lower-class, poor environment. I was taught basic etiquette like to say please, thank you, excuse me, etc. But I didn't learn a good bit of the other kind of stuff. Like, I was 25 before I knew that it was considered polite to say excuse me when you walk in front of someone. (I believe that's pretty much been amended to "whenever you have to invade someone's personal bubble" now, whether it's in front of, behind, or next to.)

So I'm curious. What are some of the most basic etiquette gaffes that you see regularly? I'm interested to know how many I make on a daily basis.  :D

I think a generous, thoughtful or considerate nature towards others will cover most of the bases of good manners.

The rest of it seems to be silly class based opportunities to look down upon others, so are best ignored anyway. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 04:36:35 PM

Feminist cunts.

If somebody opens the door for me, I tip my hat and give them a 'Thank you'. I don't launch into a screed about not needing the door held for me.

I do the same, though I had to learn that bit of nicety. Being a feminist doesn't mean that a person can't be gracious, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Women have gotten way too uppity lately.