News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Basic etiquette

Started by merithyn, September 21, 2012, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 05:16:18 PM
Women have gotten way too uppity lately.
And wide. Have to hold open two doors for them.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 04:31:51 PM
You know what grinds my gears? When I hold the door open for a woman and she gets all angry at that. WELL FUCK YOU TOO BITCH.

Feminist cunts.

What grinds my gears is the exact opposite.  I'm holding a door and some dowager goes sailing through without bothering to grab the door herself so I can continue my progress.  I'm not your fucking butler you fat old cow.

HVC

You know what grinds my gears? When I hold the door open for a woman and she gets all angry at that. WELL FUCK YOU TOO BITCH.

Feminist cunts.
that happened to me once at the mall. i just replied "sorry, i thought you were a man". The shut her up long enough for me to walk away.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

More annoyances:

People who walk up and down escalators.
People using a credit card for purchases of less  of a dollar. YOU ARE SLOWING ME UP YOU FUCKS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on September 21, 2012, 06:13:41 PM

Feminist cunts.
that happened to me once at the mall. i just replied "sorry, i thought you were a man". The shut her up long enough for me to walk away.

You are promoted back to porkchop for that one.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on September 21, 2012, 06:13:41 PMthat happened to me once at the mall. i just replied "sorry, i thought you were a man". The shut her up long enough for me to walk away.

:lol: nicely done

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 06:15:38 PM
People using a credit card for purchases of less  of a dollar. YOU ARE SLOWING ME UP YOU FUCKS.

Given how poorly a lot of cashiers count change, they're probably slowing you down less than if they paid cash.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: dps on September 21, 2012, 06:17:15 PM

Given how poorly a lot of cashiers count change, they're probably slowing you down less than if they paid cash.

I always wondered why cashiers always seem to want to give you the cash first and then pile the change on top of the bills so they can slide off. When I had a job like that I always handed the customers the change first then the cash so it was easier to manage.

I also don't understand why they don't seem to be using the count-upwards method of making change. It's so much faster.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 06:16:14 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 21, 2012, 06:13:41 PM

Feminist cunts.

You are promoted back to porkchop for that one.
woo!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

More annoyances:

People who walk up and down escalators.

Fuck you, they're still stairs.  Just because they're moving doesn't mean you can't.  Fucking crippled stair blocker.

HVC

If you want to stand, stand to the right. Also, if you're in a group of people don't fucking stand in the middle of a sidewalk or path you inconsiderate mother fuckers ( I'm looking at you Asian people :P ).

Ed Anger

This is the modern age. Let the motorized device do the job.

Josquius

Not letting drivers out of side streets, not stopping at zebra crossings, walking 5 abreadst taking up the entire pavement, walking on the cycle roads.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 09:07:45 PM
This is the modern age. Let the motorized device do the job.
I run down the moving sidewalks at airports.  OUT OF MY WAY OLD LADY I'VE GOT A PLANE TO CATCH
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

The purpose of an escalator is to move faster, not to ride the thing. If you get on one and stop, I hate you.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers