News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stronghold Kingdoms - Any one tried this ?

Started by mongers, April 29, 2012, 08:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Mongers, if you want to get back into it just shoot me with a PM with the email address you are going to use for your account so I can invite you.

Then choose Powys as your starting area.  I will keep you well armed and equiped and you will find growing your village a lot more fun this time around with that assistance.

crazy canuck

One thing to add is that they have finally implemented the quest system which adds another layer of addiction to the game.

Malthus

I dread games like this - I always end up wasting excessive time on them and then, like an addict, compulsively quitting just when I've built up a big empire/planet/alliance/whatever.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on August 15, 2012, 03:49:04 PM
I dread games like this - I always end up wasting excessive time on them and then, like an addict, compulsively quitting just when I've built up a big empire/planet/alliance/whatever.  :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  But this is pretty easy though.  I tab into it every once in a while during the day and that works well.  Its more like playing Chess or Diplomacy once you get past the initial build out phase because it take so long for things to move across the board.

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on August 15, 2012, 03:49:04 PM

I know what you mean, that is me to a T.   :Embarrass:

Indeed when I just logged in to my steam account, even though I'd deleted the village the play time stat is still there on the steam game page. I was horrified to see I showing 156 hours !! 

Clearly quite a bit of that was it logged in the background as I did other stuff, but even so I felt rather guilty.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 15, 2012, 03:41:18 PM
Mongers, if you want to get back into it just shoot me with a PM with the email address you are going to use for your account so I can invite you.

Then choose Powys as your starting area.  I will keep you well armed and equiped and you will find growing your village a lot more fun this time around with that assistance.

Thanks for that CC, I tried looking at the game anew, but decided against it, cool that you're still enjoying it.  :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

For anyone interested starting in a new world, World 6 is starting this week.