News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stronghold Kingdoms - Any one tried this ?

Started by mongers, April 29, 2012, 08:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I decided to by the premium chip so that I could get the auto scouting and the autotrading while I am off line.  I found that my surpluses were getting such that I would either have to log on frequently during the day or risk wastage.

Also, I my scouts are developed sufficiently now that the auto scout function should render some nice benefits while off line.

I dont think I will be getting any cards though.  There are only a few that look to be worth it and they are a bit pricey.

mongers

I think I shall have to knock this on the head, as it's proving a bit of a time sink. 

Well that was my gaming experience over for another year.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Nooooo.

You just started.  It starts becoming much less of a time sink pretty quickly as build/research times grow.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 08, 2012, 06:26:18 PM
Nooooo.

You just started.  It starts becoming much less of a time sink pretty quickly as build/research times grow.

Well I might reconsider. :whistle:

Arvoreen

Sigh...I'm out on business and haven't had a chance to keep my peasants in line....I sure hope I have something left when I finally return :(

mongers

Quote from: Arvoreen on May 09, 2012, 10:18:21 AM
Sigh...I'm out on business and haven't had a chance to keep my peasants in line....I sure hope I have something left when I finally return :(

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.   :cool:

Berkut

I don't think I understand foraging exactly.

I have 2 scouts, and I send them out to forage something. They carry 200 of something back.

I research foraging to level 2, so they can carry 100% more stuff. They still carry 200 of something back.

What am I missing here?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Shade

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2012, 08:49:39 AM
I don't think I understand foraging exactly.

I have 2 scouts, and I send them out to forage something. They carry 200 of something back.

I research foraging to level 2, so they can carry 100% more stuff. They still carry 200 of something back.

What am I missing here?

Depends on a few things.

1. Raw materials like wood and stone and food you get the most.
2. Processed materials like clothing and weapons you get a lot less of.
3. Depends on how much is left in the stockpile if you got to forge something with only 200 left well then that is all your going to get.
4. I am not sure but I think the scouts only bring back what fits so if you have close full capacity they wont take as much back only enough to fill.

hope that helps

szmik

got bored after 2 weeks

problem with those games is you can't just log once a day, if you do you're crippling your town/planet/whatever you manage, which takes out the fun :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

mongers

Quote from: szmik on May 17, 2012, 03:29:30 AM
got bored after 2 weeks

problem with those games is you can't just log once a day, if you do you're crippling your town/planet/whatever you manage, which takes out the fun :hmm:

Ditto.

I got my village up to mid-12th level, but I found it boring as I was sandwiched between two very active mature players who already owned multiply villages each.
So I was up against uber scout teams from the start, plus scouting seems to seriously unbalance the game; you get far too much honour for scouting new resource sites, so in some respects the game resolved down to watching the parish map and hoping against hope that the students I was up against might actually have to go off to a lecture/get a life.   :hmm:

So just deleted my village, that may well have been my gaming experience over for the year. 

crazy canuck

I have had a lot of fun playing this and still going strong.  I am now a Viscount with 5 villages.

The early game is basically a resource management game with early emphasis on foraging to try to get things rolling.   There are a number of ways you can go.  I realized I wouldnt have much time so I went heavily into the tech that would build honour passively - arts, decoration, theology.  Also maxed foraging and have 3 riders out along with maxing their speed.

The banqueting option might have given more honour in absolute numbers but you need to be on a lot to micro manage all those goods being in the right city at the right time to hold the banquet - way too much work for the amount of time I wanted to spend in the game.

Also, since I was going to be away for long periods I built up my defensive techs to max.

The next choice is to become a supplier of goods or a warrior - ie user of goods by attacking others.  The tech requirements are too steep to try to do both.  I have opted for the supplier option. 

The game really starts after you have passed about squire - the minimum for joining a faction.  After that a whole new diplomatic game starts and you get caught up in the politics within factions, factions within houses and houses competing with other houses.

Its great fun.  You guys gave up way too easily.

crazy canuck

Hey Avoreen.  We are practically neighbours now.

Arvoreen

Nice...am I still alive? Haven't been on in a couple of weeks to be honest :)

crazy canuck

Yeah, you are still there.  I am in H6 (blue) we have all of Ireland and Wales.  When you get back on you will see the world has changed a fair amount since you last logged on.  The Scots own Northern England and H1 is retreating on all fronts except the South East of England where they continue to pound on House 19.

Best advice is to just keep your head down while the dust settles.  H1 is the only house that really takes out neutrals and they will essentially consider you a safe neutral - so ironically by not loggin on you probably did the best thing.

Although you might want to log in to check your messages.  H11 and H6 may have messaged you to see of you are still playing - they will not hesitate to take your villages if they think you have left the game now that both houses are moving into your area.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 15, 2012, 02:59:58 PM
Yeah, you are still there.  I am in H6 (blue) we have all of Ireland and Wales.  When you get back on you will see the world has changed a fair amount since you last logged on.  The Scots own Northern England and H1 is retreating on all fronts except the South East of England where they continue to pound on House 19.

Best advice is to just keep your head down while the dust settles.  H1 is the only house that really takes out neutrals and they will essentially consider you a safe neutral - so ironically by not loggin on you probably did the best thing.

Although you might want to log in to check your messages.  H11 and H6 may have messaged you to see of you are still playing - they will not hesitate to take your villages if they think you have left the game now that both houses are moving into your area.

Good to hear you're still enjoying it.

For some reason I've recently had a go at playing Ultima online city building game and now that you've resurrected this thread, it's prompted me to compare the two and from what I remember the stronghold game is better.   :)