Main Menu

Reuters: US ambassador to Libya dead

Started by Martinus, September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2012, 08:30:27 AM
You people that worship that fat fuck offend me.

Snootchie bootchies, bitch.

Solmyr

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2012, 08:30:27 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 13, 2012, 08:26:21 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2012, 08:02:42 AM
Kevin Smith sucks.
You continue to find new ways to sicken me.

You people that worship that fat fuck offend me.

Will you burn their embassy and kill their ambassador?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 03:49:11 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 12, 2012, 06:23:49 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 12, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
TBH, I gotta go with Romney here. I was hoping for an Anders Fogh Rasmussen type reply like from either of the candidates.

"Look, I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, but in America everybody gets to say what they think, including the stupid people."

Which part of what Romney said do you agree with?

the part where he disagrees with doing this -> "to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."

What attacks are you referring to?  There weren't any attacks at the time the statement was made.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Legbiter

Watching the BBC I'm beginning to think these grotesque savages should not be allowed to operate anything more complicated than a camel if a YouTube clip can get them that worked up.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 07:44:49 AMToo many eloquent people manage to propound the same immoral doctrine of blaming the victim for it just to be mental retardation. It's an insult to all retards.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 13, 2012, 08:59:07 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 12, 2012, 06:23:49 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 12, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
TBH, I gotta go with Romney here. I was hoping for an Anders Fogh Rasmussen type reply like from either of the candidates.

"Look, I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, but in America everybody gets to say what they think, including the stupid people."

Which part of what Romney said do you agree with?

the part where he disagrees with doing this -> "to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."

What attacks are you referring to?  There weren't any attacks at the time the statement was made.

In all the previous rounds where people have been killed an embassies burned.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 09:09:51 AM

Where does the statement express sympathy for that?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 13, 2012, 09:20:49 AM

Where it condemns the bigots who made that silly movie. Or the one before that when the condemned the cartoonists. Or the one before that when the condemned the novel.

It validates those who think the problem is how free speech is used rather than the violence used to try and suppress it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 13, 2012, 09:20:49 AM

Where it condemns the bigots who made that silly movie. Or the one before that when the condemned the cartoonists. Or the one before that when the condemned the novel.

So it doesn't.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on September 13, 2012, 07:47:02 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 07:44:49 AM
People he doesn't like aren't full humans.
If that were true, there would only be one human on earth.

Who? Hillary Clinton?

Martinus

I am still waiting for the answer to my question why the US government does not issue official statements condemning US-based bigots who say offensive things about gays, or Jews, or Catholics, or pretty much anyone except Muslims.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2012, 10:10:53 AM
I am still waiting for the answer to my question why the US government does not issue official statements condemning US-based bigots who say offensive things about gays, or Jews, or Catholics, or pretty much anyone except Muslims.

Because that is a separate civil rights issue.  And you know how we feel about free speech, regardless of however abhorrent, disturbing or LGBT-friendly.

dps

I think validating the view that the film's offensiveness was worthy of an emotional reaction in the same sentence as you condemn the attack means you aren't condemning the attack.

Don't see how that follows.  If someone calls your mother a whore, people can see how that might upset you yet still condemn your actions if your response is to slip into the guy's house at night and slit his throat and the throats of his entire family in their sleep.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2012, 10:19:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2012, 10:10:53 AM

Because that is a separate civil rights issue.  And you know how we feel about free speech, regardless of however abhorrent, disturbing or LGBT-friendly.

What's a separate civil rights issue? I asked a question why the US government feels a need to issue a formal statement with respect to an action of a private US citizen, not affiliated in any manner with the US government, that offends a certain group, where it does not seem to have the same policy with respect to similar actions offensive to other groups.