News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

25 years old and deep in debt

Started by CountDeMoney, September 10, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Back in 2002-2003, in my first stint in college, I was a Psychology major.
Godjesus had his plan for me. :pope:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

I wonder if Ide was more successful he'd be an ardent capitalist.  Telling us all to read Ayn Rand and going on about how "moochers" will bring us down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2014, 05:23:40 PM
I wonder if Ide was more successful he'd be an ardent capitalist.  Telling us all to read Ayn Rand and going on about how "moochers" will bring us down.

Unlikely.

Also, compared to the collapsing society we live in, I'm Goddamned bourgeois.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on September 12, 2014, 05:26:01 PM
Ide betrayed THE LAAAAAAAWWW.

Man, if we lived in Mega City One, I'd definitely make a second go at the bar.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2014, 05:23:40 PM

Good commies have always been all about the hard science and industry. There's no proletariat in humanities froofery.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Leftist revolutionaries have come disproportionately from the ranks of shysterdom.

Ideologue

I really don't get you people.  What is so terribly offensive about my hatred of the liberal arts as an institution?  STEM is not an infinite panacea; very well.  Do you guys really think the world needs more history majors?
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Lenin went to Kazan University to study law.  :sleep:

I think communist revolutionaries are usually liberal arts majors going out and convincing the blue-collar proletariat to throw off their chains.  :P

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 12, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

I was a psychology major. It is also considered STEM. Low paid STEM but still STEM. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2014, 07:43:09 PM
I really don't get you people.  What is so terribly offensive about my hatred of the liberal arts as an institution?  STEM is not an infinite panacea; very well.  Do you guys really think the world needs more history majors?

Nothing is offensive about your hatred. I fully support your STEM cult.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2014, 08:40:10 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 12, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

I was a psychology major. It is also considered STEM. Low paid STEM but still STEM. :)

:cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Camerus

I assume more people would study STEM had they but the aptitude.  I don't think it's lack of promotion of STEM that's the problem. 

garbon

Quote from: Camerus on September 12, 2014, 09:04:42 PM
I assume more people would study STEM had they but the aptitude.  I don't think it's lack of promotion of STEM that's the problem. 

Maybe, but at the same time, people who are studying things like Classics or Philosophy could likely be put on more useful courses.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.