News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

25 years old and deep in debt

Started by CountDeMoney, September 10, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2014, 11:48:04 AM
I mean your articles starts with detailing the tale of a guy who took out 150k in loans to get a masters in entrepreneurship. Hardly a compelling example.

For his thesis, did he have to run a lemonade stand?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 12:19:23 PM
You tell me, kitten.  You're a bigger bitch than Martinus.  I know it's the gay schtick, but even you have to put down the cunt mantle every now and then, if only to find your car keys.

I don't know what you are talking about. People find my laughter infectious.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2014, 12:28:49 PM
I mean your articles starts with detailing the tale of a guy who took out 150k in loans to get a masters in entrepreneurship. Hardly a compelling example.

Well clearly he didn't learn any entrepreneurial skills. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2014, 12:28:49 PM

Oh look, now Jewbacca gets to swing on in and pile on the unemployed.

Eddie Teach

I was raised Presbyterian, tyvm.

CountDeMoney

How bout that Christian compassion, huh?  Whacky, whacky stuff.

Eddie Teach

I have compassion so I'd prefer people not be swindled by dubious degree programs.

garbon

garbon

Also does that blurb really suggest that it is a good degree to get or rather than people think if they get one they will "get to be the man" rather than "work for the man"?

LaCroix

the vast majority of my class seem lazy or naive with job-hunting. the opportunity to interview for the top firms in the region has come and gone, and only four classmates applied to those positions. at one firm, only two applied. while the middle/bottom third are destined to work in small little firms, very few in the top third appear to have done much (if any) research. it's kind of weird.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2014, 01:19:20 PM
Also does that blurb really suggest that it is a good degree to get or rather than people think if they get one they will "get to be the man" rather than "work for the man"?

What do you care, they're getting the end result you want:  unemployed debt.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2014, 01:19:20 PM

What do you care, they're getting the end result you want:  unemployed debt.

Why would I want that? If there was less of that maybe you'd stop moaning all the time.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2014, 01:36:53 PM
Why would I want that?

Because you're a cunt.

QuoteIf there was less of that maybe you'd stop moaning all the time.

My moaning is me doing my part for this new economy.  You want this kind of economy, it comes with the unemployment rate.  That's the price you pay for voting GOP.

garbon

Actually I doubt I get anything with my votes. Not a single GOP candidate I've ever voted for, for any position, has ever been elected.