50-60: I live in the 21st century
9 (20%)
60+:  OK, but I'm going to burn down the building
1 (2.2%)
I'm Jaron 24 hours a day
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Zanza

I have to work 35 hours a week plus mandatory pauses of 45 minutes per day, so I have to be at work for 38,75 hours per week. In reality, I work more most weeks and there is also travel time when I am on business trips which is paid extra if it is not between 6 am and 8 pm on weekdays.

However, as my times are registered, I can take days off to compensate for overtime. In 2011, I took 20 days of overtime in addition to my regular 30 days of vacation. :yeah:

I have asked my boss to increase my regular work time to 40 hours, which would mean I have to be at work for 43,75 hours per week. That's still in the decision process. Which can take time.

Iormlund

I'm under a 30 hour contract. That will jump to 60-70 hours during weeks spent in the field (like this one). Typically I trade this overtime for free evenings when I go back to regular schedule.

Barrister

Now the key for me though: hours in the office may only be 7.5, but thrown in two hours for getting ready and commuting to work, another hour commuting back, and three and a half to five or more hours with the kids and I'm fucking exhausted at the end of the day.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2012, 11:48:42 AM
Now the key for me though: hours in the office may only be 7.5, but thrown in two hours for getting ready and commuting to work, another hour commuting back, and three and a half to five or more hours with the kids and I'm fucking exhausted at the end of the day.

How much primping do you do, Mr. Prosecutor?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2012, 11:54:24 AM

I fixed your bold tags. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Used to take me an hour to get ready for school. Course, half of that was spent sleeping and the other half sleepwalking.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2012, 11:55:27 AM

Yeah I noticed that after though you later say commute takes an hour so that's still 1 hour to get ready.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

50-60 hour weeks usually but I get overtime so I dont do it for charity. And seeing our biggest market rival just filed for bankrupsy I´m thinking I wont work less hours any time soon.

Caliga

I thought you wrote 'how much pimping do you do' :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

35-40 hours usually, but more when crunchtime comes in December and May.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2012, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2012, 11:55:27 AM

Yeah I noticed that after though you later say commute takes an hour so that's still 1 hour to get ready.

He has 2 kids.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Enough to put food on the table.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2012, 12:05:28 PM
I thought you wrote 'how much pimping do you do' :blush:

I only realized he hadn't when I read your post. :P