Main Menu

TV - Fall 2012

Started by viper37, September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 25, 2012, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 24, 2012, 01:40:40 PM
My new guilty pleasure: The New Normal  :blush:

Were you actually excited about this week's that said gays should fight for recognition in the Church?

Actually, funnily enough this episode struck some chord I didn't know I still had. So I liked it.

We lapsed Catholics have a complex relationship with the Church.

Martinus

Speaking of which, last episode of AHS was ossum. I always thought that the Mother Church has one bitch of BDSM potential. And I'd fuck Fiennes wearing a cassock.

Martinus

Just checked that Ryan Murphy was raised Catholic. No wonder I like his shows so much. I need to watch Nip/Tuck now.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2012, 04:09:47 AM
Just checked that Ryan Murphy was raised Catholic. No wonder I like his shows so much. I need to watch Nip/Tuck now.

It's alright, except when it gets sappy or broody. Which is frequent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Boardwalk Empire.

Despite the haters, I think I like where this is going.  The different stories are starting to converge, or be eliminated, after splitting up.  It's nice that way :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

"Revolution" - still interesting enough for me to watch.

"Last Resort" - too slow/stupid to continue watching.

Josephus

Well Last Resort was cancelled yesterday. Though they may air the shows currently filmed.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on November 17, 2012, 12:09:09 PM
Well Last Resort was cancelled yesterday. Though they may air the shows currently filmed.
Last week episode was silly.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

If you're going to take over an island...you kill the local crime lord right from the start.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on November 17, 2012, 12:09:09 PM

I knew it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Meanwhile Neighbors stays on the air...:x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 17, 2012, 12:19:33 PM
If you're going to take over an island...you kill the local crime lord right from the start.
What's stupid is on episode 3, the XO wanted to kill the guy and all his men in retaliation.  Now, he's the one disaproving the execution of a criminal.  Doesn't make sense.  It's also obvious the chick who went in the room with the drug lord is the spy, no one has contact with the exterior, so in order to coordinate an attack with their squad he had to speak with someone.

viper37

So, got to watch the Following.  Very interesting show, excellent acting so far, decent plot.  I have hope for this show :)
Kinda... disturbing, at times, though.

Josephus

Yeah...said the same thing in the other thread. (since it's not a fall 2012 show)  ;) It does have potential.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Mind you the cult followers as sleeper agents might be a bit of a thin plot....but what the hell it's TV.