News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV - Fall 2012

Started by viper37, September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I'd like a thread solely for tv shows.  Keep the movies in another.
Discuss current and upcoming tv shows for this season

So, anyway.  I saw the first episode of World Without End, sequel to Pillars of the Earth.

I'd say my feelings are mixed.  There are interesting story lines, maybe... but where will it go from there?  So far, it seems to focus on the tragic destiny of the Queen and the tragic destiny of a young peasant girl forced to marry an older man.  Can't say I'm super excited about that.
Never saw the first book adaptation, nor did I read any of this.

I'll give it one more week before I cancel this.

Copper
Now, this, I kinda like.  Police investigation shortly after the events of Gangs of New York.  It's THE show for CdM.  Police attack criminals to steal the money they just stole from a bank, police mistreat suspects, police plot and kill bad guys caught in the act.  All it's missing is some asian bondage :P
Now, seriously, I can't exactly see where it's going for now. Some plot looms ahead, but aside day to day business in Five Points 1864, I can't say.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_%28TV_series%29

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

merithyn

Revolution

Really looking forward to this one. I even put it on my Google Calendar so I wouldn't forget and miss it. :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on September 07, 2012, 02:05:05 PM
Revolution

Really looking forward to this one. I even put it on my Google Calendar so I wouldn't forget and miss it. :blush:

Now Google knows you're going to watch it.  What were you thinking?!?

:P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

@meri they have the first episode free on web or on demand if cable company supports that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Revolution-the Kings of the fall '12 season.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on September 07, 2012, 02:05:05 PM
Revolution

Wasn't there already a tv show out a year or so ago around the same theme?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

If they did, I didn't hear of it.

@ Katmai - I want to watch the premier on "Opening Night". I'm weird that way.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2012, 02:55:55 PM
Revolution-the Kings of the fall '12 season.
:weep:  That's one of the reasons I'm afraid to watch.  That Copper show sounds awesome.  I hadn't heard of it before.  I'll be tuning into my carry overs like Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Castle, and The Mentalist.  I'll probably end up buckling and watching Revolution till it gets killed off.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josephus

Viper--what channel is showing WWE? TMN ran POtE but I dont think theyre showing this. Mind you I didnt enjoy the book as much as Pillars...too much of the same thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: merithyn on September 07, 2012, 03:04:16 PM

Wasn't sure if your busy schedule would allow that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on September 07, 2012, 07:09:28 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 07, 2012, 03:04:16 PM

Wasn't sure if your busy schedule would allow that.

I've scheduled around it.  :ph34r:

Tonitrus

I watched it.  Looks like it is shaping up to be a reboot of "The Postman"...with less USPS.

I give it 4 Holnists out of 10.  But will follow it for a bit more.

CountDeMoney

I've been going old school, and started watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  Fuck, was that shit funny.  Ted Knight.  Nuff said.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Copper
Now, this, I kinda like.  Police investigation shortly after the events of Gangs of New York.  It's THE show for CdM.  Police attack criminals to steal the money they just stole from a bank, police mistreat suspects, police plot and kill bad guys caught in the act.  All it's missing is some asian bondage :P
Now, seriously, I can't exactly see where it's going for now. Some plot looms ahead, but aside day to day business in Five Points 1864, I can't say.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_%28TV_series%29

I like this show. Dont worry the chinks will show up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on September 07, 2012, 04:11:47 PM
Viper--what channel is showing WWE? TMN ran POtE but I dont think theyre showing this. Mind you I didnt enjoy the book as much as Pillars...too much of the same thing.
Showcase.
That network seems to have a few good shows, not only reruns of other network's shows.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.