News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV - Fall 2012

Started by viper37, September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2012, 09:08:54 AM
Any new things that aren't gonna be cancelled and are worth watching?

Are we capable of predicting the future? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2012, 09:16:51 AM

Well, have been confirmed to be at least one series and seem to be popular and likely to continue then.
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on September 08, 2012, 05:06:50 PM
Watched the pilot for it last night. Meh.

Yeah, I felt the same. :(

I was hoping they'd get a bit more into daily life there, but the only thing that came up was the kid's asthma.  :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

viper37

Quote from: HVC on September 17, 2012, 10:26:13 PM
And am I the only one annoyed by how they treat ballistics? A rifle hit throws you across a field and a crossbow bolt stops you in your tracks like you were hit with a baseball bat.
I was wondering what was in those rifle.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Vricklund

Quote from: viper37 on September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PMSo, anyway.  I saw the first episode of World Without End, sequel to Pillars of the Earth.

I'd say my feelings are mixed.  There are interesting story lines, maybe... but where will it go from there?  So far, it seems to focus on the tragic destiny of the Queen and the tragic destiny of a young peasant girl forced to marry an older man.  Can't say I'm super excited about that.
Never saw the first book adaptation, nor did I read any of this.
I've read both books. If you liked Pillar of the earth, chances are you'll like World without end too, it's basicly the same plot twists with the plague thrown in. :)

I'm looking forward to the new season of Downton abbey myself.  :bowler:

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2012, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2012, 09:16:51 AM

Well, have been confirmed to be at least one series and seem to be popular and likely to continue then.

Oh, I thought you were asking about new Fall tv. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Vricklund on September 18, 2012, 10:01:07 AM
I'm looking forward to the new season of Downton abbey myself.  :bowler:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on September 18, 2012, 08:22:02 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 17, 2012, 10:30:32 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 17, 2012, 10:16:24 PM
I liked the first episode of Revolution. Has potential anyways. Just hoping they dont cancel it before it gets going. Young chick is hot.
Careful Josie, she is just 16.

In real life? REally? Wow....In that case, I didn't notice the scene early on where the camera shot right down her blouse. Didn't see that.
She looks sort of like Heather Graham.

And I don't think a 16 year old would do this shot, even if Greek. Late twenty something is what she looks like.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2012, 10:29:07 AM
And I don't think a 16 year old would do this shot, even if Greek.

Oh, please.  Like Liebowitz has never taken sexy photos of Miley Cyrus when she was 15.  Wake the fuck up.

Grey Fox

Google fu says she's was born on May 17 1996, so, 16.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2012, 10:33:27 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2012, 10:29:07 AM
And I don't think a 16 year old would do this shot, even if Greek.

Oh, please.  Like Liebowitz has never taken sexy photos of Miley Cyrus when she was 15.  Wake the fuck up.
That a crazed child star gets topless pictures taken of her doesn't mean I think any other 16 year old would do the same. Of course, I have no idea whether or not this girl has been a child star, or if that fucked her up.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 18, 2012, 10:35:41 AM
Google fu says she's was born on May 17 1996, so, 16.
So 15 during the filming. I'm terrible at judging ages.

Grey Fox

Big boobs for a 15/16 year old too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

I am glad I saw this thread in time to see  Revolution.

I liked it, despite wondering why everyone in the US suddenly misplaced their guns while developing the technology necessary to manufacture high quality swords in just 15 years.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 18, 2012, 01:28:35 PM
I am glad I saw this thread in time to see  Revolution.

I liked it, despite wondering why everyone in the US suddenly misplaced their guns while developing the technology necessary to manufacture high quality swords in just 15 years.

The Big Bad Black Guy explained that. "You know that guns are illegal." :smarty: