News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2012 Week 1: The Day The Refereeing Died

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2012, 07:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2012, 11:12:58 AM
Didn't realize until this morning that BJGE nearly broke 100 yards rushing last night. 

Considering he had close to 70 yards and a TD in the first half, hell yeah, and he would've done more damage if those two quick scores from the TD and Ed's pick didn't put the Bengals in panic mode.

He's going to be more than fine replacement for Benson.  Total grinder.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2012, 11:17:07 AM
Didn't realize until this morning that BJGE nearly broke 100 yards rushing last night. 

Considering he had close to 70 yards and a TD in the first half, hell yeah, and he would've done more damage if those two quick scores from the TD and Ed's pick didn't put the Bengals in panic mode.

He's a step faster than Benson, at least tries a little harder to block when needed, and can actually be used to catch the ball in some cases (very rare quality for a Bengals RB).  Benson was one-dimensional-- he could run about 3 yards and fall down.  He was utterly useless in many game situations last year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

That little slot receiver they have is going to be a nightmare.  Get that kid the ball whenever possible.

FunkMonk

Quote from: frunk on September 11, 2012, 10:39:10 AM
Oh good, I lost because my opponent's kicker had an 18 point game on Monday night.  Bah.

I went to bed before the late game last night thinking I lost. :lol:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2012, 11:24:47 AM
That little slot receiver they have is going to be a nightmare.  Get that kid the ball whenever possible.

He's retired safety Artrell Hawkins's brother Andrew, aka Baby Hawk.  He's a great situational receiver and can shred on those little routes where he can have a guy or two blocking for him.  I think they had to start throwing to him last night because Green was covered so well and Gresham seemed to show little interest in catching the ball.

He has his own cult following here.  I'm a bit of a fan.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2012, 11:17:07 AM

And the right side of that line just makes him so much better.  Andre Smith is looking like he's the player they thought he could be when they drafted him, and that Zeitler kid had a pretty good first game run blocking.  It's almost like Ogden and Mulitalo out there.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2012, 10:33:43 AM
3 points, BA.  You fucker.
:cool:  I left a lot of points on the bench, too.  Maybe this year I'll be given an over-achieving team in terms of wins compared to talent to make up for lat year's amazing team that always matched up against other team's best weeks.  Maybe.  The Football Gods are fickle, and their younger generation, the Fantasy Football Gods are even more so.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Pretty poor showing by my FF team, I was the lowest scoring team in the league.  Hopefully I can turn it around against the Danes this week.

Alcibiades

The recap for the matchups by yahoo is pretty fucking neat.  Just saying.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 11, 2012, 03:57:28 PM

That is pretty neat, I hadn't noticed it before.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 11, 2012, 03:57:28 PM

:lol: Those fuckers.

QuoteIn spite of finishing with just the 14th-highest point total in the league this week, York White Boars (1-0, 81 points) found a way to sneak by Penn State Day Care, 81 - 78. It was a frustrating outing for Penn State Day Care, who fell to 0-1 (78 points) while also ending up 16th in points. Ray Rice was the leading scorer for York White Boars this week with 19 points.

York White Boars Smooth Moves

Brandon LaFell, who was picked up by York White Boars, scored 12 points against a projected 4.34, topping his projection by 176.5%.
    The 19 points scored by Ray Rice was the second-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
    Jacob Tamme exceeded scoring projections by 112.1%, with 13 points against a projected 6.13.
    York White Boars was still able to pull out a win with only 4 of their 10 starters exceeding their projected points.
    Both of the RBs starting for York White Boars exceeded their point expectations.

Penn State Day Care Regret Tracker

Left Stephen Hill on the bench, where he scored 21 points to beat his scoring projection by 536.4%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.
    6 of the starters on Penn State Day Care scored less than their projected points.
    With 2 points versus a projected 9.05, Mason Crosby scored only 22.1% of his projected point total.
    All three of the starting RBs scored below their projected points.
    With 78 points from their starters and 46.00 total points left on the bench, Penn State Day Care had the worst starter/bench scoring ratio in the league this week.

It's as if Trent Dilfer, Jaws and Boomer are rubbing it your face themselves.  :lol:

Sophie Scholl

I had 44 on the bench.  Let's just agree we both sucked, with my team sucking just a bit less. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

QuoteMatt Ryan led the league in scoring with 36 points.
Picked up Shayne Graham, who scored 13 points, beating his 8.54-point projection by 52.2%.
Rob Gronkowski had the second-highest TE score in the league this week with 15 points.
6 of the 10 starters on Frozen Wetbacks exceeded their projected points.
Starter Michael Floyd put up a zero, but Frozen Wetbacks still won.
[\quote]
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

If they could just automate our trash-talking we'd be set.

FunkMonk

QuoteMeatheads got 20 points from Alex Smith and 18 from Nate Kaeding, defeating Fricken Lasers 99 - 91. Meatheads came into the Monday night game facing a 6-point deficit, but scored 18, picking up an unlikely win as an 18-point underdog. Each team hit their projections but Meatheads put up 42.4% more than a projected 69.54 points to get the win. Fricken Lasers was led by Brandon Marshall with 20 points and Michael Vick who scored 17. With Beanie Wells delivering zero points for Meatheads, the gap could have been wider. Meatheads starts the season with a 1-0 record, good enough for fifth place. Fricken Lasers opens at 0-1 and in 12th place.

Meatheads Smooth Moves

Added Alfred Morris, who exceeded his scoring projection by a matchup-leading 684.3%.
Picked up Nate Kaeding, who scored 18 points, beating his 7.80-point projection by 130.8%.
Alex Smith led the matchup in scoring with 20 points.
Pierre Garcon ranked 10th in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 15 points.
Meatheads saw the majority of their starters (6 of 10) beat their projected point total.

Sorry frunk.  :yeah:

"Army Pukes a-go-go" forward against Meh Dinks!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.