News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2012 Week 1: The Day The Refereeing Died

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2012, 07:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2012, 08:53:24 PM
How was it a bullshit flag?  Even if it weren't, I'm sick of seeing guys lead with their head, use the helmet as a weapon, and relying on nothing but kinetic energy to bring a guy down.  The right way to play is to keep your head up, wrap with your arms and drive the guy into the ground.  They need to start doing a lot more to discourage this kind of play.

Bah, he tried to wrap.  His problem was he went to the inside with the right shoulder, when he should've got to the right with the left shoulder.  It just looked uglier than it was.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2012, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2012, 08:44:28 PM
It's hard not to get excited, even though it's only the first game.  So many things that give the Ravens trouble (the Bengals, Monday Night games, offence) are just no trouble at all tonight.
But man...the Cincy OL is having real issues in pass protection.  They're supporting the run just fine, but that was out the window 21 points ago.
Yeah.  Running as well as they were really helped slow the pass rush, and Pees made some adjustments with his blitzes.  At this point, it's just a frenzy and Dalton's the meat.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2012, 08:48:04 PM
Now that was a bullshit flag.  Gruden's right, though;  Bengals have no business hanging Dalton out to dry like that with a notorious CB blitzer like Webb.

How was it a bullshit flag?  Even if it weren't, I'm sick of seeing guys lead with their head, use the helmet as a weapon, and relying on nothing but kinetic energy to bring a guy down.  The right way to play is to keep your head up, wrap with your arms and drive the guy into the ground.  They need to start doing a lot more to discourage this kind of play.
His head was going to the side though.  It's not like he just drilled him with the crown of the helmet.  And if he kept his head up he'd have broken his own neck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2012, 09:00:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2012, 08:48:04 PM
Now that was a bullshit flag.  Gruden's right, though;  Bengals have no business hanging Dalton out to dry like that with a notorious CB blitzer like Webb.

His head was going to the side though.  It's not like he just drilled him with the crown of the helmet.  And if he kept his head up he'd have broken his own neck.

He drilled Dalton's left shoulderblade with the crown of his helmet.  He wouldn't have broken his neck if he were making a proper approach.  They've posted the correct heads-up tackling procedure in locker rooms since the 80s.  Pity nobody seems to pay attention to it anymore.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2012, 09:07:44 PM
He drilled Dalton's left shoulderblade with the crown of his helmet.

Bah, it was his ribs.

katmai

Suck it Liep. Even with 18 Pts from Raven D, pulled out win in week one.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 10, 2012, 07:34:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2012, 07:31:11 PM
I am: irked.
I am:  Slowly closing the massive gap between us in fantasy.  Do you hear the footsteps yet?

6 points down, with Seabass and the Oaktown D still to play?   Shit.  :mad:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2012, 09:07:44 PM
He drilled Dalton's left shoulderblade with the crown of his helmet.

Bah, it was his ribs.

Whatever.  Ravens looked better than any week 1 team I've seen in a while.  It's gonna take some effort to find a way to beat them this year.  Play-calling was good, if a little overly gadgety (that always works against the Bengals but they may want to tone it down against other teams), and they let Flacco use his full arm.  Ravens D was stellar when they had the Bungles offense out of their rhythm.  Nice to see Gino get in the game-- still want to see him and Flacco in at the same time.

Only good thing about this game for the Bengals is they got one of their Ravens games out of the way early and from what I saw nobody got killed.

And this is the last time I watch a prime-time game alone with the kids.  NO YOU CAN'T HAVE CHOCOLATE MILK.  DALTON JUST THREW A PICK SIX AND DADDY NEEDS TO BE ALONE.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2012, 09:24:30 PM
Whatever.  Ravens looked better than any week 1 team I've seen in a while.  It's gonna take some effort to find a way to beat them this year.  Play-calling was good, if a little overly gadgety (that always works against the Bengals but they may want to tone it down against other teams), and they let Flacco use his full arm.  Ravens D was stellar when they had the Bungles offense out of their rhythm.  Nice to see Gino get in the game-- still want to see him and Flacco in at the same time.

Only good thing about this game for the Bengals is they got one of their Ravens games out of the way early and from what I saw nobody got killed.

And this is the last time I watch a prime-time game alone with the kids.  NO YOU CAN'T HAVE CHOCOLATE MILK.  DALTON JUST THREW A PICK SIX AND DADDY NEEDS TO BE ALONE.

:lol:  I dunno, man;  somebody may not have been getting those vids down to the field on time tonight.  NEXT MAN UP

I'm still not sold on the Ravens D pass rush;  they did good when the Bengals lost control of their offense, but I wasn't impressed with the lack of rush early in the game.

The Bengals secondary played poorer than they did all last year, and Dalton was off on the deep ball.  But their OL has real issues in pass protection with those new guys and Cook's replacement.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

I hate weeks like that, My defense is going against my QB & #1 WR on thursday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Oh good, I lost because my opponent's kicker had an 18 point game on Monday night.  Bah.

CountDeMoney

Happy Birthday, Ed Reed.  34 years old today.

QuoteWith his interception return for a touchdown, Ed Reed passed Rod Woodson for the NFL record for most interception return yards with 1,497. Woodson previously held the mark of 1,483.

Barrister

Holy shit.  I was afraid to look at my fantasy results, but the Fightin Crowns had a monster game led by Carson Palmer and the NE Defence. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Didn't realize until this morning that BJGE nearly broke 100 yards rushing last night.  The Browns were 30th in rush defense last year.  Wonder what the Bengals will do offensively next Sunday  :hmm:

Anywho, I got my LFFL team to overperform this weekend to get by the Fighting Nixons.  I'll need some similar magic to win this week.  Go Romo :mellow: