News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

From Hell's Heart I stab at thee, Fireman Sam

Started by Barrister, September 04, 2012, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

There are many fine children's cartoons out there.  Even toddlers cartoons can be passable.

But no - my son has to go out and adore this ridiculous british import named Fireman Sam.

Maybe the Brits have heard of it, but it was totally unknown to me.  But not now.  Not after the high-pitched, whiney and nasally voices of the characters have been etched into my memory.  Not after I've wondered, for the 3000th time, how this town of 14 people can afford a fire department of 4 people.  After I've seen the entire fire department show up, yet again, because a cat is caught on a roof.  Or a boy in a tree.

So Fuck you Fireman Sam.  I just had to say it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2012, 03:28:49 PM
There are many fine children's cartoons out there.  Even toddlers cartoons can be passable.

But no - my son has to go out and adore this ridiculous british import named Fireman Sam.

Maybe the Brits have heard of it, but it was totally unknown to me.  But not now.  Not after the high-pitched, whiney and nasally voices of the characters have been etched into my memory.  Not after I've wondered, for the 3000th time, how this town of 14 people can afford a fire department of 4 people.  After I've seen the entire fire department show up, yet again, because a cat is caught on a roof.  Or a boy in a tree.

My Nazi version of Thomas the Tank Engine had a similar inspiration ... it was, alas, not widely appreciated.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2012, 03:28:49 PM

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Ed Anger

Barrister

Did I mention my boy likes to give me his phone (an old, disconnected and unpowered cell phone) so that I can call the characters from the show up and talk to them?  Then he'll say "Hi Norman... bye!" and put the phone down?

And you think they'd just brick over the god-damn wells in Pontypandy for the number of times someone's been trapped in them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

At least he isn't addicted to My Little Pony. You know how fast I grabbed the mouse when one of the twins wanted to search Google for Pony pics? I broke the goddamned sound barrier moving across the room.

SAFE SEARCH ON STRICT, DAMN YOU!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

This place needs more kids threads. Just to piss off certain people.

Monoriu

We all have our addictions to different shows.  It is just that the kids have different addicitons than ours  :lol:

Strix

My son used to watch this. Norman made me cringe every time he spoke which was far to often. I find Norman to be a cross between Berkut and Grumbler.

Becareful...Fireman Sam is a gateway cartoon to Roary the Racing Car and Peppa Pig. If your son is watching Sam on Sprout than I suggest trying Dive Ollie Dive, it isn't that bad. I got my son hooked on Phineas and Ferb as fast as possible though he likes the Octonauts a lot.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Gups

Sounds like annoying kids shows is a thriving British export.

I've heard of Fireman Sam but my son was never into it, more of a Thomas kind of a guy.

According to my friends with pre-schoolers, Mr Tumble now runs British daytime kids TV like a benevolent, clownish dictator.

Richard Hakluyt

He is ubiquitous Gups, must have about four shows a day and plays a host of characters.........a lot of his stuff is very similar to the panto tradition; he is also an expert at sign language and a lot of his stuff is slanted towards kids with disabilities.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on September 04, 2012, 08:29:51 PM
We all have our addictions to different shows.  It is just that the kids have different addicitons than ours  :lol:

Kids just have really bad taste and the younger they are, the worse it is.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?