News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Damn Potheads!

Started by Malthus, September 04, 2012, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 05, 2012, 01:22:53 PM
So, when are you going to buy your own cabin instead of smooshing off your family?

Have you seen the price of recreational property these days?

I have a ton of fond memories of childhood summers spent out at the lake.  But that's something my kids aren't going to have...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

So, when are you going to buy your own cabin instead of smooshing off your family?

Never. Know why?

My parents are in their late 70s; my dad's sibs are equally elderly; and my brothers and pretty well all of my cousins live abroad. It is already a pain to take care of two cottages. If I bought another, in a few years guess what? I'll be taking care of three:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 05, 2012, 01:29:25 PM

Have you seen the price of recreational property these days?

I have a ton of fond memories of childhood summers spent out at the lake.  But that's something my kids aren't going to have...

Without being tied down to one property you get to go to lakes all over the world with the added bonus of avoiding potheads.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 05, 2012, 01:34:58 PM
Without being tied down to one property you get to go to lakes all over the world with the added bonus of avoiding potheads.

Are potheads afraid of the water or something?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 05, 2012, 01:37:53 PM

They generally cannot cross international boundaries with the same ease that I can.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on September 05, 2012, 01:34:33 PM

Never. Know why?

My parents are in their late 70s; my dad's sibs are equally elderly; and my brothers and pretty well all of my cousins live abroad. It is already a pain to take care of two cottages. If I bought another, in a few years guess what? I'll be taking care of three:lol:

Good Reasons. Smoocher.

Share?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 05, 2012, 01:38:38 PM

They generally cannot cross international boundaries with the same ease that I can.

Wanna bet?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on September 07, 2012, 01:10:18 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 05, 2012, 01:38:38 PM

Wanna bet?

Yes