News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tokyo, here I come

Started by jimmy olsen, September 03, 2012, 05:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I arrive in Tokyo at 11:05 on Saturday the 28th and leave on 7:55pm Wednesday the 3rd! :w00t:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

:w00t:

Tokyo is fun, interesting and filled with great eateries and nice people. It's way too big, though. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

If I can deal with Seoul, I can deal with Tokyo.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Liep on September 03, 2012, 06:07:32 AM
:w00t:

Tokyo is fun, interesting and filled with great eateries and nice people. It's way too big, though. :P

having been there I can with complete confidence assert that Toukyo is not too big, it is one of those places on the planet that would most assuredly benefit from being bigger; space is somewhat at a premium there.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

I should've added, for my taste. No, as it is it can definitely not be any smaller.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Tokyo is nice, though not too much special on the tourist side of things.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Darth Wagtaros

HAve fun. Wish I could go. Don't be stepped on by any giant monsters.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2012, 07:03:59 AM
I'm sure I can find a shitload of touristy things to do.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2012, 07:17:56 AM
Take me with you...:cry:
all those years of mocking Tim have come back to bite you :P

Have fun Tim :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Octavian

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 03, 2012, 05:51:15 AM
I arrive in Tokyo at 11:05 on Saturday the 28th and leave on 7:55pm Wednesday the 3rd! :w00t:

TIM IS COMING!

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2012, 07:03:59 AM
weird. i found a new touristy thing/place to go, weekly, for 3 years
:p

Josquius

There are certainly things to do. But not much that is really "WOW! AMAZING!", I've mostly done Tokyo (in a tourist sense, it still holds a lot in a weekend fun sense) except for the Sky Tree and Tokyo tower. Kansai is the better tourist area IMO.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tyr on September 04, 2012, 12:59:46 AM
There are certainly things to do. But not much that is really "WOW! AMAZING!", I've mostly done Tokyo (in a tourist sense, it still holds a lot in a weekend fun sense) except for the Sky Tree and Tokyo tower. Kansai is the better tourist area IMO.

Tokyo Tower is okay, I guess.  It's just a tower.  Hard to fuck that up unless it falls down or something.

Josquius

The view apparently sucks these days too with all the tall buildings around it. Foreign tourists still like to go there though for its frequent appearances in Japanese anime and movies and the like. I fancy a look sometime, not top of my list though due to it just being a tower.
For good views the best place bar the sky tree (I wonder if tickets are available yet...) is the Tokyo government building in Shinjuku.
██████
██████
██████