News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Global Strategic Reserve has been stolen!

Started by Malthus, August 31, 2012, 09:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 31, 2012, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2012, 09:23:29 AM
So that's why the Canadian office had to close for today and Monday.  :hmm:

Man, the realtors are a bunch of lazy folk.

Franchise admin office is closed. I hope the realtors are earning money for the greater good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on August 31, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
we have (had) a strategic reserve? people are more serious about their pancakes then i thought :lol:
The Federation regularly keep barrels of maple syrup in stock to help keep the prices up.  Independant producers aren't allowed to sell (commercially) their products.  It kinda works like the OPEP, you know, so Malthus' title is close to the truth than he probably imagined :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 09:32:42 AM
Meh, we're still far too reliant on foreign maple syrup.  Thank God Mittens has a plan to make us 100% maple syrup independent by 2020.

Oh yeah he is going to make us independent on coal and natural gas!  Because we import so much of that stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on August 31, 2012, 09:43:31 AM
we have (had) a strategic reserve? people are more serious about their pancakes then i thought :lol:
The Federation regularly keep barrels of maple syrup in stock to help keep the prices up.  Independant producers aren't allowed to sell (commercially) their products.  It kinda works like the OPEP, you know, so Malthus' title is close to the truth than he probably imagined :D

The title is taken from the article ...  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2012, 09:45:46 AM
Meh, we're still far too reliant on foreign maple syrup.  Thank God Mittens has a plan to make us 100% maple syrup independent by 2020.

Oh yeah he is going to make us independent on coal and natural gas!  Because we import so much of that stuff.

Enjoy your coal-powered car. :)

Neil

Of course it was stolen.  They kept it in Quebec.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

How the hell do you steal 10 million pounds of syrup!?

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on August 31, 2012, 10:18:15 AM

In the middle of the night with big trucks.  That was how Seedy had the Baltimore Colts stolen from him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: PRC on August 31, 2012, 10:18:15 AM

Well, first you need 1 million pounds of trained ants ... 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on August 31, 2012, 09:12:16 AM
we have (had) a strategic reserve? people are more serious about their pancakes then i though :lol:

Not only did we have one - it was targeted by a master criminal!  :(

Yes, he took 30 Miiilllllion dollars worth.

His sidekick tried to suggest going for something worth 30 Billion.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 09:52:42 AM

Otherwise known as electric cars.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2012, 11:45:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 09:52:42 AM

Otherwise known as electric cars.

Pfft, everybody knows coal is clean.  They say so.

MadImmortalMan

China has strategic rice and pork reserves. Seriously.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 31, 2012, 01:01:23 PM
China has strategic rice and pork reserves. Seriously.

They're also unparalleled in their strategic reserves of Chinamen.