News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Global Strategic Reserve has been stolen!

Started by Malthus, August 31, 2012, 09:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 01:08:05 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 31, 2012, 01:01:23 PM
China has strategic rice and pork reserves. Seriously.

They're also unparalleled in their strategic reserves of Chinamen.
ya, but that was just bad accounting. they carried an extra 0 and now they have too many in reserve.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

lustindarkness

That is a lot of maple syrup.

I want pancakes now too, or waffles.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PRC

Quote from: Malthus on August 31, 2012, 10:37:06 AM
Quote from: PRC on August 31, 2012, 10:18:15 AM
How the hell do you steal 10 million pounds of syrup!?

Well, first you need 1 million pounds of trained ants ... 

For this operation to have been pulled off so perfectly the ants must have marched 10 by 10, huzzah.

Syt

Meanwhile, 11 metric tons of elderberry were stolen from a plantation in Austria. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

Over here there was a load of Melons for the total worth of 500€ stolen. it's alos a mystery  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

What are they going to do with it? Hard to imagine there is a black market that one could unload ten million pounds of syrup on.  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on August 31, 2012, 09:32:23 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2012, 09:27:12 AM
Invade the US for their maple syrup reserves.  :ph34r:

Invade Vermont? There's no-one there to oppress with our insufferable Canadian smugness.  :(

:D

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2012, 05:10:54 PM
What are they going to do with it? Hard to imagine there is a black market that one could unload ten million pounds of syrup on.  :huh:

Actually it is a high value commodity.  Small amounts can get a lot of money and apparently there is a black market in the stuff.  Someone from the reserve was saying that this was a very bad year for producers in the states and so she figured all of this was headed to those markets where demand is high but supply is low.

Also apparently this reserve acts as a kind of price stabalization coop with the producers in Quebec and this was a small percentage of what they actually store.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

It reminds me of a Carmen Sandiego caper. :)

"A thief has stolen the Statue of Liberty". :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

KRonn

In honor of the great syrup caper I had pancakes this morning, with delicious maple syrup. Going to have pancakes again tomorrow.    ;)

Warspite

Quote from: Jaron on September 03, 2012, 12:16:11 AM
It reminds me of a Carmen Sandiego caper. :)

"A thief has stolen the Statue of Liberty". :P

Was it: Bjorn Tolouse?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA