News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Global Strategic Reserve has been stolen!

Started by Malthus, August 31, 2012, 09:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Call James Bond! And get him some waffles!

QuoteQuebec police are on the hunt for a sticky-fingered thief after millions of dollars of maple syrup vanished from a Quebec warehouse.

The theft was discovered during a routine inventory check last week at the St-Louis-de-Blandford warehouse, where the syrup is being held temporarily. The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers, which is responsible for the global strategic maple syrup reserve, initially kept the news quiet, hoping it would help police solve the crime quickly.

About 10 million pounds of syrup was stored at the site, at a value of more than $30-million.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-probing-quebec-maple-syrup-heist-worth-30-million/article4510740/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

War had better not start before we get our strategic syrup back or our entire strategy will come apart.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

we have (had) a strategic reserve? people are more serious about their pancakes then i thought :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on August 31, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
we have (had) a strategic reserve? people are more serious about their pancakes then i though :lol:

Not only did we have one - it was targeted by a master criminal!  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 31, 2012, 09:12:16 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 31, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
we have (had) a strategic reserve? people are more serious about their pancakes then i though :lol:

Not only did we have one - it was targeted by a master criminal!  :(

An Army marches on its Maple Syrup and waffle filled stomach.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Personally i blame the ants. They've finally risen and they're using our strategic reserve to fuel their advance. Hamilcar was right all along.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Viking

Is St-Louis-de-Blandford the Brest-Litovsk of the western hemisphere?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

So that's why the Canadian office had to close for today and Monday.  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2012, 09:23:29 AM
So that's why the Canadian office had to close for today and Monday.  :hmm:

Man, the realtors are a bunch of lazy folk.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Invade the US for their maple syrup reserves.  :ph34r:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2012, 09:27:12 AM

Invade Vermont? There's no-one there to oppress with our insufferable Canadian smugness.  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2012, 09:27:12 AM

Meh, we're still far too reliant on foreign maple syrup.  Thank God Mittens has a plan to make us 100% maple syrup independent by 2020.

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2012, 09:21:52 AM
:o

How long will current reserves last?

That's it - I'd better have all-day breakfast while I can!

The Brain

It hasn't been stolen. It's a scam to inflate syrup prices.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.