News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Labor Day Weekend

Started by CountDeMoney, August 30, 2012, 07:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:19:26 AM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/06/14/house_hunters_is_fake_here_s_why_it_matters.html

....from somebody with their panties in a wad.

Well shit. The signs were always there, we just ignored them.

Is Property virgins also fake? Is Reno vs Relocate fake too? Do I watch too much HGTV? Yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

We are not sure yet, we could go to the ATL area for DragonCon, Braves game, Georgia Aquarium, or past ATL to Durhamtown Plantation Off Road Park. We could also head north into TN maybe Gatlingburg and some more off road trails. We could go down to the beach which will have great weather after that storm. But all these involve spending $ we don't really have  :lol:.

So we are leaning to stay in the area, The Wife does not care for camping/lake fishing with all this rain :(. Maybe just go to the state fair, watch football and play PS3 and maybe I'll find someone to hit some muddy trails.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2012, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2012, 09:12:10 AM
http://www.dragoncon.org

I really wish they would move that around the country.  Who the fuck wants to go to Hotlanta at the end of August every fucking year?

It would seem crazy to me, too, if everything weren't in the two massive, walkway-linked hotels.  As it is, no one has to leave the site unless they want a break from it (and that's what the rooms are for).  They also have some deals (and shuttle busses) running to various things in the city--like the aquarium visit for Con attendees that's held late at night.

For the Lettows out there, one of the panels is Hentai Dubbing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2012, 10:13:28 AM
It would seem crazy to me, too, if everything weren't in the two massive, walkway-linked hotels.

Perfect.  The attendees can remain indoors-- like they always do :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2012, 09:12:10 AM
http://www.dragoncon.org

I'll probably be drinking in the Hyatt bar tomorrow night and people-watching, as usual, but not sure if I'm going to do anything more than that this year.

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:15:25 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 09:08:59 AM
Cleaning my house from top to bottom on Saturday and then hit the gym. Having a bunch of friends over to make bread and drink booze (them, not me, fucking ulcer  :mad:) on Sunday. Monday will be a "me" day. I plan to hit the gym and then relax in front of the TV, watching hours of House Hunters and House Hunters International, maybe with some Holmes on Homes and Property Brothers mixed in.  :perv:

You know House Hunters is totally fake, right?

I still watch it though.  :blush:

I only watch it to see the houses. I usually can't stand the people, so I've learned to tune them out completely.

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:29:50 AM
My wife gets wet at the contractor one. I don't see it.

Gotta' be more specific. Holmes on Homes? Oh hell yeah! That man is fucking hot as hell.  :licklips: Property Brothers? Nice eye-candy, but not up to Holmes standards. Kitchen Cousins? Annoying as fuck, but pretty to look at. Income Property? Do-able, but not all that.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Does American HGTV have Bryan Baeumler? I like him the best.

HVC

Watch decked out. I find it odly entertaining. Might have something to do with the hot blond chick, might not :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 30, 2012, 10:46:06 AM

What's his show called?

Oh, my real favorite on HGTV is Rehab Addict. She's amazing!

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 10:52:17 AM

What's his show called?

House of Bryan, Leave it to Bryan, DIY Disaster & DIY Disaster : Cottage Edition.

This guy :

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 10:52:17 AM

What's his show called?

He's got three. house of Bryan (where he bought land and made a vacation house by a lake), Disaster DIY (done but in reruns) and Leave It to Bryan (holmes rip off)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

i also like Real Renos and Builder Boss becasue the "host" Jim Caruk does nothing lol. Yes, i watch too much HGTV.

Valmy

Man I had not idea we had so many HGTV addicts on this board.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

I've seen Disaster DIY a few times, but none of the others. That one cracks me up. Gotta wonder how many marriages that man saves! :lol:

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2012, 10:58:31 AM
Man I had not idea we had so many HGTV addicts on this board.
:blush: I only really watch Real Renos and Builder Boss  and Decked out. Used to watch holmes, but an hour is too long for me to care. Oh, and love it or list it on W network (shut up! don't judge me). HGTV ripped that show off with Reno vs Relocate, which i do not like. not at all.