Main Menu

Labor Day Weekend

Started by CountDeMoney, August 30, 2012, 07:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2012, 09:10:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2012, 09:08:24 AM
watch WVU run up 60 points on Marshall Saturday,

:lol: So, just like any other Labor Day weekend then.

Except last year, when WVU got cheated of some valuable garbage time with the electrical storm ending the game early.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 09:08:59 AM
Cleaning my house from top to bottom on Saturday and then hit the gym. Having a bunch of friends over to make bread and drink booze (them, not me, fucking ulcer  :mad:) on Sunday. Monday will be a "me" day. I plan to hit the gym and then relax in front of the TV, watching hours of House Hunters and House Hunters International, maybe with some Holmes on Homes and Property Brothers mixed in.  :perv:

You know House Hunters is totally fake, right?

I still watch it though.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:15:25 AM

Reality TV is fake?!  I would hope all those shows are fake.  Geez surely they cannot do enough home renovations for a full TV season every year.  I got to watch hundreds of hours of HGTV while my wife was on bedrest.  I enjoyed it at first but man I was happy when the Olympics started.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 09:08:59 AM
Cleaning my house from top to bottom on Saturday and then hit the gym. Having a bunch of friends over to make bread and drink booze (them, not me, fucking ulcer  :mad:) on Sunday. Monday will be a "me" day. I plan to hit the gym and then relax in front of the TV, watching hours of House Hunters and House Hunters International, maybe with some Holmes on Homes and Property Brothers mixed in.  :perv:

It is? :(

I mean I figured it was fairly staged, but thought that there were people who were actually buying homes in the end...

Labour Day is the ultimate CFL weekend, when they run all the rivalries - Stamps-Esks, Argos-Tabbies, and of course, Bombers-Riders.  So I'll probably watch the Bombers get curb-stomped by the Riders yet again. :(  Which is just as well since wth a house full of houseguests we're not going anywhere. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2012, 09:17:30 AM

Reality TV is fake?!  I would hope all those shows are fake.  Geez surely they cannot do enough home renovations for a full TV season every year.  I got to watch hundreds of hours of HGTV while my wife was on bedrest.  I enjoyed it at first but man I was happy when the Olympics started.

In 2006 when I was stuck in bed, my viewing choices in the morning was:

American Chopper
How its Made
Walker Texas Ranger.

PITY ME!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:21:38 AM

American Chopper
How its Made
Walker Texas Ranger.

PITY ME!

And you didn't have a DVR back then??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2012, 09:24:22 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:21:38 AM

American Chopper
How its Made
Walker Texas Ranger.

PITY ME!

And you didn't have a DVR back then??

Nope.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2012, 09:12:10 AM
http://www.dragoncon.org

I really wish they would move that around the country.  Who the fuck wants to go to Hotlanta at the end of August every fucking year?

Ed Anger

I should went to Gen Con.

Valmy

We actually got called by the 'Property Brothers' (they film alot in Austin) when we were toying with the idea of moving earlier this year.  I have my doubts Courtney and I are good looking enough to be on TV anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

My wife gets wet at the contractor one. I don't see it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:26:31 AM

Don't you ever go to Origins? It's right down the street for you.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2012, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 09:26:31 AM

Don't you ever go to Origins? It's right down the street for you.

Wargamers freak me out. I saw enough of them farting at the Tin Soldier in Dayton to last me a life time.

I just want to run into Gen Con dressed as Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!