And we're back!

Main Menu

The GOP Convention MegaMittensThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 27, 2012, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 09:23:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 29, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
Yeah, I'd prefer they tone down the neocon shit.

Meh, it gets their juices flowing.  At least it's a refreshing change from the We Built It bullshit.

Yeah, particularly from people who come from the part of the country that didn't have electricity until TVA.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 29, 2012, 09:35:08 PM
You know, as much as I don't like his wacky fiscal plan, I have to admit that Ryan comes off like a real star.  When it comes to public speaking, the only person I've heard so far that can stand up to him is Huckabee.

Oh, he's a slick one, alright.  That's the scary part.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 07:34:51 PM
John Kasich just said Mittens as President would make "a shinier America".

Haven't figured out what that means just yet.

Simple. White colour reflects light while black colour absorbs light. So when things are white, they are shinier.

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on August 29, 2012, 01:22:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
Something called "Yahoo News" shouldn't be in existence, anyway.
I have little use for Yahoo, but the future of news is automated. Assuming Yahoo uses automatic news aggregation they'll probably be one of the ones left standing when all the deadwood falls down.

I don't think so. If the only thing left standing is automatic news aggregation, there will be no news to aggregate as there will be noone actually writing the news.

If anything, media companies will lobby to have news aggregation banned on IP grounds and most of news content will be proprietary.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 07:34:51 PM
John Kasich just said Mittens as President would make "a shinier America".

Haven't figured out what that means just yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjsnkIP4ddo
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 29, 2012, 01:20:11 PM
I thought Yahoo was a news aggregator like Google, didn't know they had reporters.

I don't know how good their regular journalists are, but their sports journalism is among the best in the nation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on August 29, 2012, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 09:23:38 PM
At least it's a refreshing change from the We Built It bullshit.
Yeah.  That's one bumper sticker I can't wait to see the end of.

The Republicans should have nominated the ghost of Richard Nixon.
:w00t:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

John McCain is nuts.  He may be an honorable man, I have no way of knowing for myself, but let's assume he is.  However, his rhetoric is so contemptible that it doesn't matter much.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, while last night seemed to center on foreign policy with McCain and Condi, it seemed to be going in the wrong direction.

And Ryan is slick.  Dangerously slick.  Teflon slick.  Gotta love bashing the President on the rejection of Simpson-Bowles that he also rejected while chairing the "bipartisan committee".  Hilarity.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2012, 08:42:24 AM
And Ryan is slick.  Dangerously slick.  Teflon slick.  Gotta love bashing the President on the rejection of Simpson-Bowles that he also rejected while chairing the "bipartisan committee".  Hilarity.

He'll be the GOP nomination for 2016 should Obama win this election, and that's when the Dems will be in serious trouble unless they hold the House and the Senate. The man is as conservative as they come, and he can make it seem viable, fair, and worthy to take away personal rights.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 09:04:46 AM
He'll be the GOP nomination for 2016 should Obama win this election, and that's when the Dems will be in serious trouble unless they hold the House and the Senate. The man is as conservative as they come, and he can make it seem viable, fair, and worthy to take away personal rights.

Nah...I think, after four years of Obama, should he win, despite the enragement that it would ignite within the Teabaggers, the GOP will correct itself for Jeb Bush.

Jeb Bush will be their man in 2016.  I think by then the Paul Ryan/Eric Cantor/Bob McDonald flavors will have run their course.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2012, 09:04:46 AM

:lol:

About halfway through his speech last night I looked over & saw one of the "Romney-Ryan" signs, wishing it were actually "Ryan-Romney".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2012, 09:10:39 AM
About halfway through his speech last night I looked over & saw one of the "Romney-Ryan" signs, wishing it were actually "Ryan-Romney".

I think a shitload of people in that convention felt the same.  Or even better, Rice/Ryan.  :lol:

Valmy

Are my rights worth a balanced budget?  :hmm: Not that he would actually balance the budget.  But Hans will be around telling us why in fact it doesn't matter if the budget is balanced because it is less of a deficit by percentage of the economy than what Greece runs.

What are you thinking of specifically Meri?  Reproductive rights sort of stuff?  Because it is not like Obama is going to get some sort of personal rights prize.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2012, 09:12:05 AM
Because it is not like Obama is going to get some sort of personal rights prize.

Compared to the legislative initiatives state and Congressional Republicans have been pushing regarding abortion and contraception for the last 2 years, you're really going to go there?