Several People Shot Outside Empire State Building

Started by garbon, August 24, 2012, 08:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/people-shot-empire-state-building-17072093#.UDeECNZlQf4

QuoteNew York City officials say several people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead.

City police say three or four civilians have been wounded in the Friday morning shooting and that the shooter is dead.

A fire department spokesman says it received a call about the shooting just after at 9 a.m. Friday and that emergency units were on the scene within minutes.

The spokesman had no information about how many people were wounded or their conditions.

The shooting occurred at 34th Street and Fifth Avenue.

Helicopters are whirling around outside.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

QuoteWNBC reported that the shooter appeared to be a disgruntled employee of a business in the Empire State Building, which houses 1,000 businesses.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Hopefully this thread will feature foreigners bitching about our permissive gun laws.  :showoff:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2012, 09:22:48 AM
Hopefully this thread will feature foreigners bitching about our permissive gun laws.  :showoff:

I was going to do that, but decided against it just in case it was brown people.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Let's take the guns away from all law abiding citizens so only criminals have guns!!!!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Well the city itself doesn't have very permissive gun laws.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 09:25:00 AM
I was going to do that, but decided against it just in case it was brown people.

Possible, but I'm sure most of the people working in the Empire State Building are white.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2012, 09:27:49 AM

Well the city itself doesn't have very permissive gun laws.

And crazy postal workers can't take the day off and buy a small arsenal at a virginia gun show?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 24, 2012, 09:27:39 AM
Guess he is dead.

Yes, that's what my initial blurb says. :P

Now saying 2 dead and at least 8 wounded. :(

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2012, 09:28:22 AM

Possible, but I'm sure most of the people working in the Empire State Building are white.

:o

RACISS!!!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 09:29:23 AM
And crazy postal workers can't take the day off and buy a small arsenal at a virginia gun show?

Then they'd be bringing guns illegally into the city unless locked away in a case.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2012, 09:28:22 AM

It's breivik conviction day, I wanted to wait with the snark until after we know if it was political or racist.

garbon

Went to P'dox OT but it appears news is too recent for them.