RATM, Dee Snider giving Paul Ryan shit about his iPod

Started by CountDeMoney, August 23, 2012, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2012, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2012, 03:24:37 PM
Well, Hans did get sent overseas, so we don't get National Review Online on a regular basis anymore.

Plus Scip doesn't seem to post about politics any more.  PA was right of center, and he's long gone.  Camper was a centrist, if not slightly to the right.  Probably some others left that I can't think of. 

Meanwhile Seedy has gone hard left, though I'm still not sure if it's just schtick for our enjoyment or if he really means it.  Grumbler seems to have moved a little to the left as well.

And there's definitely a heavy bias on the forum towards Obama among US posters.  Only a small handful of us here ever dare say anything vaguely critical of him.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  EUOT it ain't.

Grumbler never takes any real position because he never has the guts to play defense.  Instead he likes sit on the sidelines slinging shit.  If I had to classify him, I'd say libertarian which is pretty much not taking a real position.  Paul was solid conservative.  He took Robber baron to it's logical conclusion.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2012, 03:46:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2012, 03:44:22 PM
My problem with voting Republican since '08 is I can't stand the Tea Party and can't stand most of the candidates the GOP throws up anymore. Josh Mandel for Senate against Sherrod 'Mumbles' brown? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

So I hibernate. I miss Dubya.

So what's wrong with Josh Mandel?  I didn't know much about him before this year.

He looks like he's 15 and I tire of him trumpeting that he was a Marine. Big deal. I'm still not voting for Sherrod 'Mumbles' Brown however.

Bring back Mike DeWine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2012, 03:51:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2012, 03:46:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2012, 03:44:22 PM
My problem with voting Republican since '08 is I can't stand the Tea Party and can't stand most of the candidates the GOP throws up anymore. Josh Mandel for Senate against Sherrod 'Mumbles' brown? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

So I hibernate. I miss Dubya.

So what's wrong with Josh Mandel?  I didn't know much about him before this year.

He looks like he's 15 and I tire of him trumpeting that he was a Marine. Big deal. I'm still not voting for Sherrod 'Mumbles' Brown however.

Bring back Mike DeWine.

Okay, he does look like a kid, but I haven't noticed him going on too much about his Marine service.  He seems like he'd be sufficiently frugal with our money and he's pro-gun.  And he's not Sherrod Brown, so he had my vote locked up long ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Well, Hans did get sent overseas, so we don't get National Review Online on a regular basis anymore.

Plus Scip doesn't seem to post about politics any more.  PA was right of center, and he's long gone.  Camper was a centrist, if not slightly to the right.  Probably some others left that I can't think of. 

Meanwhile Seedy has gone hard left, though I'm still not sure if it's just schtick for our enjoyment or if he really means it.  Grumbler seems to have moved a little to the left as well.

And there's definitely a heavy bias on the forum towards Obama among US posters.  Only a small handful of us here ever dare say anything vaguely critical of him.

There were some leftists who are long one now as well. Wasn't Pirate Scum an avowed communist or something close to it?

Personally I rarely get involved in political discussions or debates here, but I will say that I considered myself a moderate Republican when I joined EUOT / Languish and supported Bush. My positions have changed somewhat since then but while I'm still pretty centrist I can no longer conceive of voting Republican in congressional races or for the presidency because of the Tea Party.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Y'all are forgetting the Conservative Canadian lawyers cabal. :shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I think it boils down to McCain being more likeable than Romney and the GOP having lurched to the right in the last four years.

Eddie Teach

PA had a very strong anti-religious bent just like Berkut does, and Camper was only right of center by Seattle standards. I think you're letting nostalgia color your perceptions, Spiess.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Right after the Great Migration, we actually had threads about how we needed to get more liberals here, because so many of the posters at that time were conservative enough that it was hard to get much debate going.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2012, 03:47:55 PMeverybody else pretty much opts out.

It's a common thing in Europe, I guess. Or at least in Germany/Austria. People (as in average Joe) don't care for politics much. Politicians are all considered to be detached and aloof, and do what they like, anyways. Add a heavy dose of corruption for Austria. So as long as they're not rocking the boat too much, people just don't give a shit. A lot of people feel not involved in politics anymore.

10 years ago I was following politics a lot, but the more I watched, the more the I became annoyed by a lack of progress in things. Also, there's a distinct lack of debate culture, the political debate has left the parliament and moved to talk shows where people shout at each other and try to score entertainment points instead of arguing their issues properly.

Instead you get many people who are ranting on forums/news site commentary sections about anything that proves that politicians are corrupt and power hungry, corporations are evil and power hungry, Amerikkka is evil and power hungry, mankind is destroying the world etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2012, 03:39:47 PM

Other than Seedy, I can't think of anyone who goes about praising the man.

No kidding.  I think he sucks.  But what am I going to do?  Vote for an antichrist?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2012, 11:37:34 AM
Are you saying that Obama will be the greatest leader the US ever had?
Gorbachev wasn't the USSR's greatest leader.  That honor belongs to Stalin. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points