Dazzling Urbanite managers, to me!

Started by CountDeMoney, May 12, 2009, 05:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Black people are poor? Can you say: stereotype? :huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: vinraith on May 12, 2009, 01:46:04 PM
Poor = lousy health care growing up = debilitating chronic conditions in adulthood

A bit racist of you to assume that just because she is black she was poor.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2009, 01:40:53 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2009, 01:36:20 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2009, 01:30:51 PM
Also Hydrox.

They still make that shit?

I dunno, but when I was a kid that's what all the poors ate instead of Oreos.  Princesca told me that where she lived only teh blacks ate them, which I guess correlates with my observation (since there were like 2 black kids out of 450 in my graduating class  :bowler: ).

Since the trend lately has been for poor people to pretend they're rich via crazy mortgages and credit-card spending, maybe they all upgraded in the cookie department and Hydrox went away.

Even when I was teh poor, I could afford fucking oreos for myself. Thank you food stamps.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2009, 01:30:51 PM
Also Hydrox.
Talk about bad branding, that's a name that just sounds horrible, like a harsh cleaning solution or something.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2009, 01:52:25 PM
Talk about bad branding, that's a name that just sounds horrible, like a harsh cleaning solution or something.
Whereas Oreo sounds so wholesome and organic.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2009, 01:53:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2009, 01:52:25 PM
Yes  :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2009, 01:54:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2009, 01:53:39 PM

Sounds racist.

Oreo use to have such a nice connotation for me - reminded me of a time when a couple cookies and a glass of cold milk was a treat, in between beatings.

Then a neighbor called another neighbor an "oreo", and I asked what she meant by that, and she said he was black on the outside, but white on the inside.

Been ruined for me ever since.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

btw according to wikipedia, Hydrox are gone & have been since 1999. Since 2001 recipe/brand is part of the Kellogg group.

Also, Hydrox is the oxygen/hydrogen mix found in diving bottles.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2009, 01:48:02 PM
Black people are poor? Can you say: stereotype? :huh:

She works for CdM; obviously she is desperately poor and has low self esteem.   :(

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

I can say from first hand experience that bagels are not such effective magnets.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2009, 02:11:53 PM
I can say from first hand experience that bagels are not such effective magnets.

Try donuts. Watch the swarm. Lather, rinse, repeat. :ph34r:
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2009, 01:29:13 PM
The blacks love the orange and grape soda.

I missed the memo on that.  Cincy has: failed me :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2009, 02:11:53 PM

The Chick-fil-a near work serves breakfast :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points