News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dad's Army vs Al-Qaeda

Started by mongers, August 19, 2012, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on August 20, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
Precious. This guy have a weapon which appears to be a muzle loader, shotgun shells hanging from his neck, and a bayonet tied so high on his chest, that I wonder how he is going to pull it out of the scabbard. Notice the wraps around the barrel of the gun. This ain't not floated barrel. Front and rear sights are missing. I predict accuracy near zero, but a lot of scary noise and smoke.

But he ain't running away.

Siege

The shirt he is wearing is pretty interesting. It got long sleeves with holes in the armpits to get the arms out when is too hot.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 08:31:39 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 20, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
Precious. This guy have a weapon which appears to be a muzle loader, shotgun shells hanging from his neck, and a bayonet tied so high on his chest, that I wonder how he is going to pull it out of the scabbard. Notice the wraps around the barrel of the gun. This ain't not floated barrel. Front and rear sights are missing. I predict accuracy near zero, but a lot of scary noise and smoke.

But he ain't running away.

Bravery without skill at arms, means worm food.

CountDeMoney

You go to war with the tribal flintlock family heirloom you have, not the tribal flintlock family heirloom you might want or wish to have at a later time.

Just like those Yemeni tribesmen, that tough old bastard is as much the vanguard on the US war on Al Qaeda as any grunt in Afghanistan.  He deserves a Green Beanie airdrop.

Siege

jimmy olsen

AK-47's are in such great supply, you'd think that if you were going to war in Africa you'd immediately get your hands on one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 08:51:31 PM
You go to war with the tribal flintlock family heirloom you have, not the tribal flintlock family heirloom you might want or wish to have at a later time.

Just like those Yemeni tribesmen, that tough old bastard is as much the vanguard on the US war on Al Qaeda as any grunt in Afghanistan.  He deserves a Green Beanie airdrop.

Or a frog intervention. French paras shooting darkies? I'd get a huge murder boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2012, 09:03:18 PM
AK-47's are in such great supply, you'd think that if you were going to war in Africa you'd immediately get your hands on one.

A counterfeit AK-47 cost 4 cows in Africa.
That's a lot.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on August 20, 2012, 09:30:03 PM

That's a lot.
But that's down from 15 cows in 1986. Supply has tripled.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2012, 09:37:06 PM

That's a lot.

Who knows. I doubt the price and the supply is the same across the continent.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on August 20, 2012, 09:43:44 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2012, 09:37:06 PM

That's a lot.

Who knows. I doubt the price and the supply is the same across the continent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#Illicit_trade

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

This.

I know some regard them as only backward 'savages', but actually they're a natural ally; they're just people who want to live their own lives without others telling them how to live and what to believe, with is al-Qaeda.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: mongers on August 21, 2012, 07:16:16 AM

This.

I know some regard them as only backward 'savages', but actually they're a natural ally; they're just people who want to live their own lives without others telling them how to live and what to believe, with is al-Qaeda.

Yeah, those redcoats never knew what hit them....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on August 21, 2012, 07:24:37 AM

This.

Viking goes off half-cocked, whereas this guy knows how to use his musket.  ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: mongers on August 21, 2012, 07:32:48 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 21, 2012, 07:24:37 AM

This.

Viking goes off half-cocked, whereas this guy knows how to use his musket.  ;)

If the american revolution wasn't about people wanting to live their own lives without others telling them how to live and what to believe then I don't know what revolution was about that.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.