News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Facebook Worth $100 Billion?

Started by garbon, December 02, 2011, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 18, 2012, 06:37:15 PMI have no idea who you are talking to but your points do not address the fact the guy cant do what a CEO in his position needs to do and that is communicate will with the investment community - especially after such a high initial public offering price.

Also it is striking that Otto knows nothing about minority shareholder rights but feels perfectly qualifies to say that others who raise it are idiots.

Is there some kind of wierd facebook apologist coolaid going around.

No, I've just yet to hear you or DGuller explain why Zuckerberg should step down, or present evidence that he's done something that would allow minority shareholders to force him out.

Do you:

1. Think minority shareholders could force him out over anything he's done?

2. If so, please point us to some printed regulation or code that would support your assertion.

If not, why should Zuckerberg care?  :huh:

garbon

I don't think the suggestion is because Z needs to but rather that the company would be better off if he focused on the creative and let someone else take up CEO now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 18, 2012, 06:37:15 PM

I have no idea who you are talking to but your points do not address the fact the guy cant do what a CEO in his position needs to do and that is communicate will with the investment community - especially after such a high initial public offering price.

I don't think that this is relevant to the job of a modern American CEO. For your larger public companies, investment presentations by the CEO are prepared for him and are heavily vetted if not written by legal. For the Q&A sessions, companies anticipate the questions that will be ask and provide the CEO with responses--also vetted if not written by legal, and when a question is not anticipated the CEO usually falls back on talking points.

Facebook has made a strategic decision not to concern themselves with the short term move in the stock price, which seems a legit decision to me. In the longer term, any effect of Zuckerberg wearing a hoodie to meetings on Wall Street is going to be overwhelmed by the financial results of the company.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on August 17, 2012, 12:55:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2012, 12:01:44 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 17, 2012, 11:58:59 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2012, 10:41:11 AM
WTF is a pension fund anyway??

:huh:

Sorry, I've never worked anywhere that has offered these "pension" things ;)

:console:

2030 is when mine vests.  Only 18 to go...

It may not vest til then, but it pleated long ago...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)