News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Palin suggests an Obama-Clinton ticket

Started by garbon, August 16, 2012, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2012, 11:35:16 AM
He said Romney/Ryan were going to put "y'all back in chains" and he was addressing an audience that was at least half black.  Who was in chains before?  Black slaves.  It's race-baiting, plain & simple. 

Perhaps chains is too harsh.  Just taking away their right to vote should be enough, right?

QuoteNow his use of "y'all" wasn't quite as bad as Hillary's "I don't feel noways tired" back in 2007, but it was pretty bad.

It's Joe Biden. Not using "y'all" would be suspicious.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:38:23 AM
He said Romney/Ryan were going to put "y'all back in chains" and he was addressing an audience that was at least half black.  Who was in chains before?  Black slaves.  It's race-baiting, plain & simple. 

Perhaps chains is too harsh.  Just taking away their right to vote should be enough, right?

Not sure the relevance considering that wasn't what was said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:15:20 AM
No sane person likes unions. Besides, I don't see how one would think it a good idea to talk about chains in a town that is half black.  All of your examples involve white people talking to white people. Relevance?

Relevance?  It was relevant to the charge of "unchaining" Wall Street.  Ergo, the chains of economic suppression.  Like the last thing this nation needs is an unregulated Wall Street. Duh.

Really don't see why you Republitards see racism in everything.

Now his use of "y'all" wasn't quite as bad as Hillary's "I don't feel noways tired" back in 2007, but it was pretty bad.

Oh, now you are worried about race baiting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:39:04 AM

Well, discussing the Ryan budget is a non-starter with you guys, so hey.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:39:04 AM

Well, discussing the Ryan budget is a non-starter with you guys, so hey.

D explained why it was a bad remark to make and now you are dodging and weaving.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2012, 11:41:25 AM
Of course you don't, you are rich.

If I was rich I wouldn't be in this cubicle right now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:43:30 AM
D explained why it was a bad remark to make and now you are dodging and weaving.

I disagree with D, as did the audience and the President of the United States.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:47:30 AM

So race baiting is alright when the proponents are on your side?

dps

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
Biden needs to be put in a home, but at this point I hope he stays on the ticket.  Within the past 2 days we've had:

• "gonna put y'all back in chains"
  • thinking he was in North Carolina when he was in Virginia
  • forgetting which century we're in
  • calling Paul Ryan "Governor Ryan"

Drudge is making a big deal about Obama meeting with Biden this morning and then Hillary directly afterward, but apparently those meetings were scheduled long ago.

Why would the President want to drop Biden from the ticket for this?  Wasn't Biden's role in the administration always supposed to have been as the wacky comic relief?  Seems like he's just doing his job.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:47:30 AM

BUT DOUG WILDER (D) AGREES WITH ME :yeah:

Anyway, if you dig through Obama's remarks, he did say "his phrasing is a distraction from what is at stake".

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-defends-biden-over-chains-remark-231846165.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:51:06 AM
So race baiting is alright when the proponents are on your side?

I ain't sayin' nuffin'.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2012, 11:51:46 AM
Anyway, if you dig through Obama's remarks, he did say "his phrasing is a distraction from what is at stake".

Of course he'd say that. The President is above petty political mudslinging.

garbon

Sheilbh

I like how the press are pretending Palin's relevant :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!