And we're back!

Main Menu

Palin suggests an Obama-Clinton ticket

Started by garbon, August 16, 2012, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 09:54:50 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 16, 2012, 09:42:28 AM
All of you that think Sarah Palin doesn't have a lot of familiarity with black people because she lives in Alaska need to read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/report-palin-book-alleges-fetish-black-men-extra-202648256.html

Unconvinced by the publication of a muckraking book.

Glen Rice confirmed it.

Not that she should be drug through the mud for stuff like this, and I should be embarrassed for bringing it up.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2012, 09:50:05 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
Biden needs to be put in a home, but at this point I hope he stays on the ticket.  Within the past 2 days we've had:

• "gonna put y'all back in chains"
  • thinking he was in North Carolina when he was in Virginia
  • forgetting which century we're in
  • calling Paul Ryan "Governor Ryan"

Drudge is making a big deal about Obama meeting with Biden this morning and then Hillary directly afterward, but apparently those meetings were scheduled long ago.

Oh stop the fucking presses.  I don't recall you saying that Bush should be "put in a home".

Stand up, Chuck!!!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Nonsense.  Crazy Uncle Joe is just fine.

I think it's hilarious that Whitey and Company are screaming race about the "chains" piece, though, even though it's been an appropriate enough metaphor for economic suppression by everyone from Voltaire to Patrick Henry to the Progressives of the 19th century to Steinbeck to labor unions.   Gimme a fucking break.

Pretty funny coming from a political party whose main drivers have been to hammer Obama's "foreignness", fake birth certificate, his Mooselimbhood, and overall nonAmericanness for the past 4 years. 

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on August 16, 2012, 10:01:47 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 09:54:50 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 16, 2012, 09:42:28 AM
All of you that think Sarah Palin doesn't have a lot of familiarity with black people because she lives in Alaska need to read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/report-palin-book-alleges-fetish-black-men-extra-202648256.html

Unconvinced by the publication of a muckraking book.

Glen Rice confirmed it.

Not that she should be drug through the mud for stuff like this, and I should be embarrassed for bringing it up.

All I can find is that the Enquirer says Glen Rice told the author it.  Articles I found where other sources tried to confirm got no response back from Rice.

At any rate having a one-night stand is hardly the same as a fetish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 10:51:37 AM
I think it's hilarious that Whitey and Company are screaming race about the "chains" piece, though, even though it's been an appropriate enough metaphor for economic suppression by everyone from Voltaire to Patrick Henry to the Progressives of the 19th century to Steinbeck to labor unions.   Gimme a fucking break.

No sane person likes unions. Besides, I don't see how one would think it a good idea to talk about chains in a town that is half black.  All of your examples involve white people talking to white people. Relevance?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:15:20 AM
No sane person likes unions. Besides, I don't see how one would think it a good idea to talk about chains in a town that is half black.  All of your examples involve white people talking to white people. Relevance?

Relevance?  It was relevant to the charge of "unchaining" Wall Street.  Ergo, the chains of economic suppression.  Like the last thing this nation needs is an unregulated Wall Street. Duh.

Really don't see why you Republitards see racism in everything.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:18:33 AM
Relevance?  It was relevant to the charge of "unchaining" Wall Street.  Ergo, the chains of economic suppression.  Like the last thing this nation needs is an unregulated Wall Street. Duh.

And I'll repeat myself. Those previous conversations you cited were largely white authors/orators dialoguing with white audiences.

Funny.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:23:23 AM

And I'll repeat myself. Those previous conversations you cited were largely white authors/orators dialoguing with white audiences.

Ah, so economic metaphors are only a white thing?  In short, you can't discuss economics with blacks?  How tre' conservative.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:24:35 AM

Ah, so economic metaphors are only a white thing?  In short, you can't discuss economics with blacks?  How tre' conservative.

No, the notion is that you should use a brain cell and determine if the same "colorful" language is appropriate for different audiences.

garbon

Similar if you tried to talk to me about being a slave to the man.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:25:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:24:35 AM

No, the notion is that you should use a brain cell and determine if the same "colorful" language is appropriate for different audiences.

The audience seemed to like it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:26:14 AM

As you and I both know, your non-traditional sexuality is a much more important topic.

Dammit, that's another one that doesn't look right.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:15:20 AM

He said Romney/Ryan were going to put "y'all back in chains" and he was addressing an audience that was at least half black.  Who was in chains before?  Black slaves.  It's race-baiting, plain & simple. 

Now his use of "y'all" wasn't quite as bad as Hillary's "I don't feel noways tired" back in 2007, but it was pretty bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:32:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:26:14 AM

As you and I both know, your non-traditional sexuality is a much more important topic.

Dammit, that's another one that doesn't look right.

:shutup: