News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Palin suggests an Obama-Clinton ticket

Started by garbon, August 16, 2012, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.examiner.com/article/palin-suggests-an-obama-clinton-ticket

QuoteIt's late in the game, but if anyone's taking former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin (R) seriously anymore, they will agree with her assessment of Vice-President Joe Biden as needing to be replaced as a running-mate with President Obama.

She is referring to comments made by Biden during a campaign stop in Southern Virginia Tuesday, where he made his now infamous comment about "chains."

In his comments on Tuesday, Biden accused the Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney of formulating an economic agenda that would end up dragging down the middle-class.

His exact words were, "They're going to put y'all back in chains." In turn, the Obama campaign has been working to explain the comment away, pointing to the GOP's much used refrain saying they want to "unshackle the private sector."

Palin was given the opportunity to comment on Biden's gaffe during an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Sustern on Tuesday.

"There weren't enough groans and boos when he said such a disgusting comment, really, especially to a demographic there that is -- includes about 48 percent of the community being black Americans," Palin said.

Palin went on to explain that she thought the comment by Biden was the "nail in the coffin," and a perfect opportunity for Obama's strategists to look at bringing in Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to replace Biden.

Mitt Romney went even further on Tuesday night, when during a campaign speech, he accused Obama of creating a "campaign of division and anger and hate." Obama spokesman, Ben LaBolt answered Romney's accusation by saying Romney was just trying to play up the incident.

It's cute that Palin acts like she cares about black people. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 08:54:41 AM

Isn't it, though?  It's almost as if she's seen one up close before.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 09:07:35 AM

possibly a really bad case of hypothermia or possibly she met alan keyes.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Excellent Daily Show intro piece last night on the whole Joe "Mandingo Unleashed" Biden thing, anyway...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed-august-15-2012-brian-williams

alfred russel

Quote from: Viking on August 16, 2012, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 09:07:35 AM

possibly a really bad case of hypothermia or possibly she met alan keyes.

There was that one time she met Glen Rice...  :ph34r:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

On a clear day she can see black pipple from her house.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on August 16, 2012, 09:22:55 AM
On a clear day she can see black pipple from her house.
She knows plenty of black people. Hell, some of her best house keepers are black.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Black House Keepers?  Wow that would be weird.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Biden needs to be put in a home, but at this point I hope he stays on the ticket.  Within the past 2 days we've had:

• "gonna put y'all back in chains"
  • thinking he was in North Carolina when he was in Virginia
  • forgetting which century we're in
  • calling Paul Ryan "Governor Ryan"

Drudge is making a big deal about Obama meeting with Biden this morning and then Hillary directly afterward, but apparently those meetings were scheduled long ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

All of you that think Sarah Palin doesn't have a lot of familiarity with black people because she lives in Alaska need to read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/report-palin-book-alleges-fetish-black-men-extra-202648256.html
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

This is what you get when you get a politician from a former slave state like Delaware on your ticket.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
Biden needs to be put in a home, but at this point I hope he stays on the ticket.  Within the past 2 days we've had:

• "gonna put y'all back in chains"
  • thinking he was in North Carolina when he was in Virginia
  • forgetting which century we're in
  • calling Paul Ryan "Governor Ryan"

Drudge is making a big deal about Obama meeting with Biden this morning and then Hillary directly afterward, but apparently those meetings were scheduled long ago.

Oh stop the fucking presses.  I don't recall you saying that Bush should be "put in a home".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2012, 09:50:05 AM
Oh stop the fucking presses.  I don't recall you saying that Bush should be "put in a home".

Well Biden is old, Bush wasn't.  At least Biden has age and senility to blame it on.

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on August 16, 2012, 09:42:28 AM
All of you that think Sarah Palin doesn't have a lot of familiarity with black people because she lives in Alaska need to read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/report-palin-book-alleges-fetish-black-men-extra-202648256.html

Unconvinced by the publication of a muckraking book.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

The only reason I could see to drop Biden is how he forced Obama's hand on gay marriage. However now that the Democratic party has rallied around supporting rights for gays, that's likely a non-issue.