News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Active Shooter Event Near Texas A&M

Started by Syt, August 13, 2012, 03:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/13/justice/texas-am-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c2

QuoteMultiple people shot near Texas A&M University

(CNN) -- Police took a man into custody Monday after "multiple people" were shot near Texas A&M University, a police official said.
Several law enforcement officers were among the people shot, Rhonda Seaton of the College Station Police Department told CNN. She didn't have information on how many people were shot or their conditions.
She said a person identified as the gunman was in custody. The shooting happened about one block from campus, Seaton said.
Officer Jon Agnew with the Bryan Police Department said at least one civilian had been injured. Bryan is adjacent to College Station.
Police are still at the scene making "sure there aren't multiple suspects," Officer Jason James of the Bryan Police Department said.
James said the first call was that an officer was down and shots had been fired.
After the initial report, the university warned people to stay away from the intersection of Welborn Road and George Bush Drive as well as part of Fidelity Drive in College Station, Texas.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

QuoteActive Shooter Event

:lol: I see what you did there.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on August 13, 2012, 03:04:28 PM
Police took a man into custody Monday after "multiple people" were shot near Texas A&M University, a police official said.

False thread title. <_<

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2012, 03:06:47 PM
Police took a man into custody Monday after "multiple people" were shot near Texas A&M University, a police official said.

False thread title. <_<

"Shooter Formerly Known To Be Active Event" is too unwieldy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on August 13, 2012, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2012, 03:06:47 PM

False thread title. <_<

"Shooter Formerly Known To Be Active Event" is too unwieldy.

Could have just been something to the effect that police caught a suspect in multiple shootings near A&M.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2012, 03:24:48 PM
gun control anybody?

Mexico has gun control. Look how much good it's doing them.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2012, 03:36:16 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2012, 03:24:48 PM
gun control anybody?

Mexico has gun control. Look how much good it's doing them.  :P

So does sweden, but not somalia. Mexico's problem is it's lack of law enforcement.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh my.  From another thread about this:

QuoteHe hit 4 open men so that rules out Stephen McGee.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2012, 03:43:27 PM
So does sweden, but not somalia. Mexico's problem is it's lack of law enforcement.

Texas is full of Mexicans and Texans. Beating Somalia isn't a trivial exercise for them.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

On the subject of 'shooter motivation' this is just bizarre:

Batman Massacre: WHY and HOW and WHO

By Grace Powers, www.helpfreetheearth.com
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/powersbatmanmassacre28jul12.shtml
July 28, 2012

Explosive Expose of the Batman Massacre: WHY, HOW and WHO by Grace Powers (July 311, 2012)

http://www.helpfreetheearth.com/news617_batmanwhohow.html

THE MOTIVES

Robert Holmes, the shooting suspect's father, is a senior lead scientist with FICO, the American credit score company. He was scheduled to testify in the next few weeks before a US Senate panel that is investigating the largest bank fraud scandal in world history. This banking fraud threatens to destabilize and destroy the Western banking system.

Robert Holmes not only uncovered the true intent of the massive LIBOR banking fraud, but his "predictive algorithm model" also traced the trillions of "hidden"dollars to the exact bank accounts of the elite classes who stole it. In other words, Robert Holmes could NAME NAMES! Those names WOULD AWAKEN THE WORLD to the depth of government and corporate corruption which could include members of Congress, Wall Street, Federal Reserve and EU executives and could even include US Presidential candidates and the British Royal family.

The motives for the massacre are:

:blink:

Rest of 'article' here:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/powersbatmanmassacre28jul12.shtml

MadImmortalMan

What the hell are you surfing mongers?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

I'm not sure I get why we should find something that has links to helpfreeearth.com and is educate-yourself.org as bizarre. In its elements, I'm sure such is perfectly normal. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 13, 2012, 04:03:55 PM
What the hell are you surfing mongers?  :P

No, any 'friend' of a 'friend' facebook that posts that sort of crap, gets an automatic block.   :)