News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2012, 12:04:30 PM

My guardian is a twinkish square-jawed dusky blond with a broad chest and long flowing hair. :P

I'm creating one who's as gloriously beautiful as an Eldar! *contended sigh*
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

frunk

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2012, 12:06:29 PM
[Btw, there are no waiting queues like in WoW. Instead, if you log in and your home server is full, you are put into a temporary "overflow" server where you can play normally (with other people who are also there) until your own server becomes available - at which point it prompts you to move to your home server. The only aspect of the game that you cannot participate in while in the overflow server is the World vs. World vs. World PvP.

Related to that, there are long queue times (2-3 hours) for WvW on the busy servers.  If anybody plans to participate in that it's worth the time to find a low traffic server.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on September 05, 2012, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2012, 12:04:30 PM

My guardian is a twinkish square-jawed dusky blond with a broad chest and long flowing hair. :P

I'm creating one who's as gloriously beautiful as an Eldar! *contended sigh*

What's your account name? I will add you. :P

Grallon

Hmmm moving the toon with only arrows is not very intuitive...
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Well other than the cool character creation - this is yet another grind fest.  Oh well.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

As usual, grallon expects something out of MMO that simply doesn't exist in any genre of video games.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on September 05, 2012, 01:28:54 PM
Well other than the cool character creation - this is yet another grind fest.  Oh well.

G.

Wow, you are definitely doing it wrong.  News at 11.....

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 05, 2012, 01:37:40 PM
Quote from: Grallon on September 05, 2012, 01:28:54 PM

G.

Wow, you are definitely doing it wrong.  News at 11.....

Yeah, no kidding.

Richard Hakluyt

I've played for 80 hours and have yet to do any grinding  :hmm:

I have two sets of characters.......a couple of hot female humans who shoot things and a family of arrogant Asuran males into necromancy, elementalism and all that stuff  :D

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2012, 05:24:16 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 04, 2012, 08:33:36 PM
I will demand a refund from Marti if this game sucks.

oh and by the way

Katmai.6492

Are you playing one of these fat, snow-dwelling guys or someone unlike you?
I don't know, are you playing a moronic cromagnon looking kiddiefucker or someone unlike you?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 05, 2012, 06:49:50 PM

I have two sets of characters.......a couple of hot female humans who shoot things and a family of arrogant Asuran males into necromancy, elementalism and all that stuff  :D

In order to finish Dreadhaunt Cliffs I'm going to have to do a bit of grinding, but it's my own fault.  There were these Dwarven Keys that were dropping, and I thought they were for an event that I had finished.  I destroyed like 8 of them.  I hadn't gotten to that point though, and now I'm two short of the six that I need.

So, as a warning, when doing Dreadhaunt Cliffs don't get rid of the Dwarven Keys.

katmai

Only had chance to start Norn Ranger and play for about 30 mins before lost power to storms last night. Look forward to checking out charr tonight.

Not really sure what you expect Grallon?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on September 05, 2012, 07:37:59 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2012, 05:24:16 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 04, 2012, 08:33:36 PM
I will demand a refund from Marti if this game sucks.

oh and by the way

Katmai.6492

Are you playing one of these fat, snow-dwelling guys or someone unlike you?
I don't know, are you playing a moronic cromagnon looking kiddiefucker or someone unlike you?

Wow, you mad bro?

Calling someone a moronic kiddiefucker in response to being called fat (which you, btw, are) is a bit of an overkill.  :lol:

Martinus

I grinded only once in this game - when I wanted to get over skill level 75 in weaponsmithing and needed tons of weak blood or tiny claws. But that took me about 10-15 minutes.
QuoteI have two sets of characters.......a couple of hot female humans who shoot things and a family of arrogant Asuran males into necromancy, elementalism and all that stuff  :D

I am actually thinking of deleting my human elementalist and eventually have one character of each race. But yeah, as far as human character(s) are involved, I go for hot guys too. :P