Feds: Mississippi county runs 'school-to-prison pipeline'

Started by jimmy olsen, August 13, 2012, 04:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2012, 12:44:16 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 13, 2012, 10:45:46 AM
Seriously, Mississippi is like the Somalia of US.  Nothing that I hear from there surprises me anymore.

That is the 2nd stupidest thing I've read on Languish today.

Seriously, you people eat a bowl of stupid today?

No kidding.  Mississippi is more like the North Korea of the US.

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 13, 2012, 02:00:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2012, 01:45:41 PM
I almost feel like we should have a meta-thread called "Mississippi: The Death of America"
Hasn't it always been a rathole though? This stuff is nothing new.

Yeah but rather than have horror stories of MS clutter up the board in their own threads - we can just contain it to one like we do with Ohio and Detroit. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2012, 02:00:02 PM
I expect better of DG. He may be a Russian crypto-commie, but I expect better.

That's fine but acting like MS is a decent place is equally problematic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Yeah, it is a shithole. A moist shithole in summer. But Somalia levels of shit? Nah.

And yes, I likely overreacted against our favorite Telefon agent.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Well Somalia can at least blame a lack of government. :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

No, unfortunately not considering that many terrible laws are often being codified there.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2012, 06:53:15 PM
No, unfortunately not considering that many terrible laws are often being codified there.

I'm telling you, nothing would be more fun than watching the Department of Justice totally flood the South with election monitors this fall.

Eddie Teach

Mississippi gave us Elvis, what has Somalia done to match that? :elvis:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2012, 10:12:45 PM
Mississippi gave us Elvis, what has Somalia done to match that? :elvis:

Gave us Afro-asiatic languages.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?