American visitor feels unsafe in Calgary without his gun

Started by viper37, August 12, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:43:11 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:39:52 PM
Also, HVC, I was at the Stampede this year and made it through just fine without a gun.
I live in toronto, the apparent gun crime capital of canada. Maybe i should get a gun to protect myself :hmm:

If you were American you would be compelled to do so or you would be unable to function properly.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:44:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:42:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:41:35 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:28:13 PM
Canadians and Americans are basically the same. There, I said it. Can we all get along and sing kumbaya now?

You will be singing a different tune if you ever get sick in the US without insurance coverage....
ya, that don't like poor sick people and have a weird thing with guns, but we push around flatened bowling balls and call it a sport. Everyone has their quirks :D

Poor sick people have options - it's called the Emergency Room.
i thought you still get billed for emergency room services.

If you don't have any money...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:45:47 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:44:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:42:46 PM
Canadians and Americans are basically the same. There, I said it. Can we all get along and sing kumbaya now?

You will be singing a different tune if you ever get sick in the US without insurance coverage....
ya, that don't like poor sick people and have a weird thing with guns, but we push around flatened bowling balls and call it a sport. Everyone has their quirks :D

Poor sick people have options - it's called the Emergency Room.
i thought you still get billed for emergency room services.

If you don't have any money...
but it still goes against your credit history doesn't it? so there are other ramifications beyond "meh, can't pay it anyway"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:45:30 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:44:14 PM

Last I checked a Curling stone didnt cause any deaths (although I havent actually seen BB curl) or cause people to go without medical care.

I prefer our quirks.

Besides we can go anywhere without a gun...
see, you're tenacious and stubborn... just like an american :hug: :D

The difference of course is I wont reflexively go for my gun after hearing you say so.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:47:00 PM

The difference of course is I wont reflexively go for my gun after hearing you say so.
No, but you're tall. us short people have to defend ourselves somehow.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:44:14 PM

Last I checked a Curling stone didnt cause any deaths (although I havent actually seen BB curl) or cause people to go without medical care.

I prefer our quirks.

Besides we can go anywhere without a gun...

I'm a very good curler! :mad:

It's, literally, the only sport I have any aptitude and ability in. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on August 14, 2012, 01:48:26 PM

that's kind of sad. Altough i guess your floors are spotless, what with your sweeping ability!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on August 14, 2012, 01:48:26 PM

You have mad skilz in slot machine wrestling.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:46:45 PM
but it still goes against your credit history doesn't it? so there are other ramifications beyond "meh, can't pay it anyway"

Would said hypothetical poor person have a good/neutral credit rating?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:46:45 PM

Would said hypothetical poor person have a good/neutral credit rating?
well, poor is in the eye of the beholder. You can be poor but not debt ridden. I'm pretty much poor but have a great credit rating :lol:

lustindarkness

When the Zombie apocalypse gets here we will all go north in hopes that the cold freezes the zombies. See you shortly after December 12th. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 14, 2012, 03:20:48 PM
When the Zombie apocalypse gets here we will all go north in hopes that the cold freezes the zombies. See you shortly after December 12th. ;)

You need to go to Chicago for that.

Here in Vancouver it will be tropical in comparison.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on August 14, 2012, 04:39:15 PM
And CC will be zombie chow :(

No way man.  All those American Zombies are going to be too stupid to realize it is warm in Vancouver.

Besides, they will have a natural aversion to going somewhere with gun control laws.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 04:43:30 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 14, 2012, 04:39:15 PM
And CC will be zombie chow :(

No way man.  All those American Zombies are going to be too stupid to realize it is warm in Vancouver.

Besides, they will have a natural aversion to going somewhere with gun control laws.

CC, I love ya, man, but the recent anti-american schtick is growing a bit tired. :console:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.